Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

tracking issue

Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM
GOskateFL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracking issue

i am having a problem getting my blades to track right on my axe cp. when i am flying my axe in normal mode it flies perfect. when i fly my axe in idle up thats when every thing gets really sketchy. it gets super bad vibrations and it jumps up and down and i have noticed that the blades are not tracking correctly. i know that all of the vibration and jumps are caused by the blades jumping in and out of track. i have tried to replicate what is happening on the ground but the blades track perfectly. does anyone know what the problem may be? by the way i have the bell-hiller rotor head upgrade but i don't think that it has any thing to do with it.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Edwinssiv

Default RE: tracking issue

I would check to make sure everything is moving freely. I had problems with my MicroHeli CNC rotor head binding...light silicone grease fixed it nicely. Check to make sure you are not topping or bottoming out on the collective controls. Unplug your motor and check to see if you are binding perhaps...also check your servos...I had a problem with the stock servos not moving together in unison(sp?) I could fix that with my radio...but you can't do that with the stock radio...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM
GOskateFL

i checked to see if there was any binding and every thing moved nice and smooth. thank you for the reply edwinssiv.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Make sure your paddles are not loose, swashplate is still snapped together, or bent spindle or main shaft. Balance the head too.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
GOskateFL

how would i go about balancing the head?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Make sure the flybar is centered on the head. Should be same distance from wheel collars to paddles. (about 2 and 3/4 inches) With the blades removed, disconnect the flybar links and the ball links to the seesaw or blade grip. This will let the flybar balance inside the seesaw. If it is tight, try loosening the screws on the sides of the seesaw (not too much). If one side is heavier than the other, loosen the wheel collars and slide the flybar to the lighter side until it balances. Reattach all the links. Now, balance the blades so they are the same weight. I usually add a piece of black electrical tape to the leading edge towards the tip of one blade to help in tracking. Then, I add the tape at the center of the blade for balance.

I use a 6 inch ruler as a mount and create a fulcrum.

Some guys take the whole head and shaft off the heli and balance it on a prop balancer.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 PM
GOskateFL

ok i will do that and get back to you to tell you how it went.