Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Recall replacement batteries LPM watch out

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Recall replacement batteries LPM watch out

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
rcollector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recall replacement batteries LPM watch out

I just received my replacement batteries for the recalled ones and I installed the included lipo battery protection module. I took my heli for the first flight and everything was fine except when the for when lpm kicked in. The second I noticed a reduction in power I began to bring my heli down to land but before I could the power dropped so quickly that I lost full control allowing the wind to blow the heli towards me an into my leg. No damage other than the 3/4 inch gash in the side of my shin from my blastic blades.

I don't know if my module is deffective or if this is normal but I thought I would post here to give everyone a heads up so they can be carefull.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
r_william

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recall replacement batteries LPM watch out

Thanks for the heads up.
Don't use it but once more.
Fully charge the battery.
Time the flight until it kicks in again.
Now use that time to gauge your flights. I'm still using 3 of the recalled batts. and found that flight times (TI hovering only) of more than 6 min. result in more than a 1 hour charge time with the supplied charger.

Edited for spelling. Bad, yes... but my typing is worse!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
rcollector

That is a good idea. On my other axe I have a monitor that monitors each cell it shows three green L.E.D. lighs and three red. When the battery is charged you get a green light for each cell and as soon as one of the cells drops to near an unsafe voltage the red light for that cell illuminates. I like that monitor much better , I must admit though, it is a bit hard to see in the bright sunlight

I flew a few more times with the lpm and I still have to say that it's initial power drop off is so slight , it is very hard to notice and right after that it is so quick ,you hardly have time to land.

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else has this problem or if it is just me.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:41 AM
rcollector

Has anyone yet flown their axes with the lpm installed . Are they working out or has anyone noticed similar problems? I can't be the only one who has flown with the part installed.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:26 PM
obh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the LPM installed for the last 2 weeks and have flown approx. 18 packs with no ill effects. Mine seems to die down alot like it did without the LPM, slow and steady. Maybe just a defective unit for you? Good luck, Bill