Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Got this cp in a trade.. HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Got this cp in a trade.. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
jdp8488
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got this cp in a trade.. HELP!!

I just received the axe cp-l in a trade, I use to have a trex 450xl, but never got great at flying it, but I could fly nose in and what not. Well the heli is pretty stable in a hover, the problem is, when you put the nose in and start to move forward, the tail just goes wherever it wants to... Its very unstable in forward flight and gets to the point where its uncontrollable.. And I also think the pitch is messed up because when you throttle up real quick, the tail swings around really quick, like its giving it too much pitch and not enough power... Just wondering if the gyro/esc combo thing is worth anything and if thats the reason the heli goes all over the place...? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks..
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: Got this cp in a trade.. HELP!!

That's just the way these helis fly. With the tail motor being independant from the main motor they'll fly like that. If the tail was belt driven it would fly more like a 450 size.

Also these helis don't come with a HH gyro so you constantly have to fly the tail, which is not very fun IMO. I installed a HH gyro on my CPV3 which made a world of difference. I know I'll never fly my CPV3 ever again without it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
jdp8488

Hmm.. well it seems like it would be a little more... uh, flyable I guess you could say. This thing is seriously all over the place when you start to move forward, flys nothing like the trex. O well, Ill get a cheap gyro and throw on it, will I still be able to use that 3 in one eboard thing with another gyro on it?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:34 AM
CarGuy7a

Yeah you can still use the 3 in 1 board with a HH gyro. You have to bypass it though with an external tail motor ESC. Electrifly C 12. You also need some soldering stuff as well.

I picked up a cheap $44 Telebee HH gyro and it works great.

If you go to Helimax-rc.com and click on the AXE CPV3 and you can look at the owners manual on their site and it gives detailed instructions on how to install a Tail ESC and the HH gyro. The only thing is they want you to use a $129 GY240 gyro, yeah right. I'm freakin cheap so I used the Telebee LOL. Does the same thing. The only thing I needed was a Servo Extension wire for the ESC to the HH gyro. If I knew I needed one I would have bought one, so I ended up having to make one while I had the soldering stuff out.

It flies so much better with the HH gyro. Without the Gyro it was nearly impossible for me to do forward flight manuvers because I was always manually having to keep the tail straight. With the Gyro you can set your gain and trim it to where the tail stays straight and it'll stay consistently straight throughout your flight.

Without the Gyro I noticed the tail trim would change drasticly through out the flight. When the battery got below halfway it constantly got out of wack.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 AM
animalnut

www.walkera.com go there and look on the home page there's a link to a setup guide both for the tx&rx and measurements for all linkages just look for 4g3 setup guide mine does none of what your describing also if that don't help check to see if the feathering shaft is bent(the fastest way to tell is take one blade off use a #000 phillips screw driver turn the screw and see if the grips stay perfectly still as you spin the screw) if not replace it if that's not it try the main shaft next these parts are so small the slightest vibration or imperfection causes massive problems take your time and try that manual look over it all, cracked tail boom? blade tracking gear mesh on the tail motor? but my guess by your description is to much pitch and vibration if you hold it by the servo's and spool it up it and you feel any vibration at all it's not going to fly. also to tighten up the sloppy rotor head take out the feathering shaft and grind it down to 21/32th's of an inch it will fly much better!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
jdp8488

Yeah, I think the head is all messed up.. Whenever im in a hover and try to go left, the heli drops really fast like the pitch is being affected.. Its all whacky.. Ill try and figure it out. Thanks for the replys.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
jdp8488

I finally got it flying pretty sweet. With the stock set up too. The guy had the whole head messed up pretty bad. I do have to really FLY this thing though to keep the tail straight. Still been having a blast with it though. thanks for the help
Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 PM
animalnut

the gyro on mine does a rather good job holding the nose try turning up the gyro setting a hair if I remember right it's through the TX, the pot on the RX only increases or decreases tail speed to head speed mix not gyro sensitivity