Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo .36

Old 09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo .36

I just picked up a new in the box Shuttle Plus from Ebay............guess I havent learned my lesson from the last fiasco. The main reason I bought it is because it came with an engine, specifically a Hirobo .36. I have since read that the Hirobo .36 is an "animal" of a powerplant. I was thinking about getting rid of it and buying an OS .37 instead, I like the claw hammer reliablity of my OS engines however this little Hirobo intrigues me.

I'd like to know the history of this Hirobo .36 Do they even make it anymore? Is it worth installing or should I go with the OS .37?

Tony

P.S. Last weekend while perfecting my hovering technique, I flipped my OS .32 powered Shuttle into Idle Up for the first time................. "click" ...............I think I died and went to heaven Now that's what I call a flying machine!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: Hirobo .36

The Hirobo .36 is a good motor. I always had good luck with it and it was a little powerhouse. That motor was the predecessor to the Toki .40.

There was a con rod update so if you send me your address to [email protected] I'll send you one just in case your motor does not have one.

Parts may be getting scarce so run it until it breaks and then change. No reason to dump it, use it.

Jeff
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
larryeda

Default RE: Hirobo .36

Hi,

I'm building a robot and I know that Hirobo sells a little miter gear no. o400-017. Where can I buy this? I live in NC 27278. Do they have any other miter gears?

Thanks,

Larry