Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Trim Lever Tension

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Lever Tension

I just purchased a Laser 6 channel radio and it seems to work just fine. The trim buttons on the aileron and rudder have good, solid clicks that hold the trim buttons in place until you want to move them. The throttle and elevator trims are very soft and easily bumped out of place. Is there any way to increase the tension on the trim buttons? I have had the radio open and can see no way to adjust the tension. Thanks, Thomas.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Trim Lever Tension

You would have to try to bend this metal clip to add more tension to the trim lever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97313.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1538986  
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
ratshooter

Thats what I tried to do. There is not enough room to work even with the antenna removed.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Brendan Lugo

It is tight. Removal of the gimbal from the case would give more working room.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
ratshooter

I think I will draw the line on any further disassembly of the radio. I know when to stop and let somebody who knows what they are doing work on something.

Now if you won't laugh at me I will tell you what I did doand it does make it better. There is a slot below each trim button clicker. I cut a piece of fuel tubing about 5/16" long and cut a fish mouth shape on one end. This sits on the corner of the slot and the straight end of the fuel line pushes against the metal clicker tab. I know it sounds silly but it works. The fuel tube rest at about a 45degree angle and since it is rubbery it acts like a spring. Anyway it makes it much better and I am not as inclined to knock the trim button out of position.

I flew for the first time in eight years a couple of days ago and bumped the throttle trim on landing and killed the engine and bumped the elevator trim twice and made the plane zoom up. It was only 41* outside with a 10-15mph windand my hands were numb. I didn't even know I was touching the trim buttons and the clicker is so soft you almost cannot feel it. The clickers on the rudder and ailerons feel and sound like party favors by comparison.

I like the radio and have owned 4 Hi-Tec Focus radios in the past. They were as trouble free and reliable as any radios I have ever used. Thats why the Laser was my first choice when I decided to reenter RC.