Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Using Dual Receivers with Hitec 2.4Ghz AFHSS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Dual Receivers with Hitec 2.4Ghz AFHSS

I doing final setup on a 35% Carden Extra 330S and I'm almost convinced that a dual receiver setup is the way to go. I've been using my A9 with a single Optima 9 and SmartFly PowerExpander Pro successfully in a 33% Sukhoi SU-31 for about a year. However, I really like the idea of true redundancy at less cost than a PowerExpander. I'll be using the following servos. Please see attached picture for my channel/switch/servo plan.

HS-7985MG x 4 - Ailerons
HS-7995TG x 2 - Elevator
HS-7980TH x 1 - Rudder
HS-5925 (or similar) x 1 - Throttle

Question 1:
Will this impact range at all? In other words, will the receivers step on each other?

Question 2:
I've been doing some research on this and I'm guessing that Scan Mode will NOT work with a dual receiver setup?

Question 3:
Does Hitec have an official position on running dual Optima receivers in a airplane? Any specific instructions regarding spacing between receivers, etc...?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25137.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1560970  
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Using Dual Receivers with Hitec 2.4Ghz AFHSS

There shouldn't be any problems using two receivers. Bind and use them in normal mode. The receiver you turn on first is the one you will get the battery voltage from on the display.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

There shouldn't be any problems using two receivers. Bind and use them in normal mode. The receiver you turn on first is the one you will get the battery voltage from on the display.
Thanks Brendan. I'm also planning to use a sensor station for head temps and RPM. If I plug it into the Optima 9 and always turn the Optima 9 on first, will I receive telemetry data as normal? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:41 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sgillmore Thanks Brendan. I'm also planning to use a sensor station for head temps and RPM. If I plug it into the Optima 9 and always turn the Optima 9 on first, will I receive telemetry data as normal? Thanks.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links