Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec servos for use in Helicopters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 10:40 PM
Scotty740

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec servos for use in Helicopters?

Mike,

Which servos would you recommend for use in helicopters? As you know helicopters can really put servos to a workout. You have some very interesting products and I know that some people love the Hitec servos.

I have heard both good and bad about Hitecs for heli use. The bad have been wires breaking off the board where the enter because of not being potted. Also about some servos not centering properly and others with metal gears that wear too fast.

What is your recommendation for good reliable servos? 80+ for torque and around .16 sec speed. .10 sec or faster for tail servo.

Now I am using JR 8101 or Futaba 9202s and JR 8700g for the tail.

I really like the looks of the digitals you now have.

Good luck
Old 04-16-2002, 08:40 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec servos for use in Helicopters?

Scotty740- The wires have not been an issue in a long, long time since we glue them to the board now to prevent this.

One thing to remember when comparing servos is to compare apples to apples. Don't expect the level of performance from a $30-$40 servo that you will get from a $70-$100. Now if you want to compare our $55-$95 servos to the competition you will have to spend $100 -$150 to get a similar product.

I would personally recommend the digital HS-5625MG's ($55) for the cyclic and the digital HS-5925MG ($95) for the tail rotor.

For more info on Hitec servos, check out: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Catalog/Servos/Servo_Index.html

Mike.