Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Engine kill devices

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
3dsky
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine kill devices

I have an AURORA 9 running 7 CH RX. Is there any problem using any of the gas engine kill devices? I am not sure what is happening but I am using a Smart Fly optical kill and during flight I had the engine stop the restart and about 45 seconds later it did it again. I made a panic landing only to have the engine start back up. Without stopping the engine I went back up for 5 more minutes and it did not happen again. The TX did not beep and the RX voltage was perfect. Any ideas?
I have another plane with the same 7 CH RX and I have the 42% kill and it is working fine.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine kill devices

ORIGINAL: 3dsky I have an AURORA 9 running 7 CH RX. Is there any problem using any of the gas engine kill devices? I am not sure what is happening but I am using a Smart Fly optical kill and during flight I had the engine stop the restart and about 45 seconds later it did it again. I made a panic landing only to have the engine start back up. Without stopping the engine I went back up for 5 more minutes and it did not happen again. The TX did not beep and the RX voltage was perfect. Any ideas?
I have another plane with the same 7 CH RX and I have the 42% kill and it is working fine.
1. Topic covered at length under:
After Market Accessories - Ignition Systems, Leads, Modules & Switches - Cautions.

2. For optimum performance with petrol ignition, update AFHSSsystemto the latest firmware:
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links