Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Twitching Servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM
David J Ruskin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twitching Servos

Guys,

I have three planes all using Multiplex kit, my TX is a Royal Pro 16 2.4.

On the first, a Comp ARF Flash, the elevator servos have started to twitch, they are JR servos running at 4.8v on a matchbox to one channel of an MPX 9 channel Pro Rx.
On the second, a Comp ARF Hawk, the inboard flap servo twitches, its an MPX Digi5 HV servo, running off of either of two MPX Pro 12 channel RXs at a regulated 7.2v
The third is a Tuono where the outboard flap servo and the u/c servo twitch. The flap servo is an MPX Digi5 HV and the u/c servo is a standard HV running off of either an MPX 16 channel Pro Rx powered by a Powerbox Cockpit SRS system at 7.2v.

Now I'd suspect my Tx BUT my other prop planes don't twitch at all!!

I'm mystified its all started happening in the last few weeks, first the Hawk, then the Tuono now the Flash.

Any ideas out there??
Help
David
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Twitching Servos

ORIGINAL: David J Ruskin Guys, I have three planes all using Multiplex kit, my TX is a Royal Pro 16 2.4.
On the first, a Comp ARF Flash, the elevator servos have started to twitch, they are JR servos running at 4.8v on a matchbox to one channel of an MPX 9 channel Pro Rx.
On the second, a Comp ARF Hawk, the inboard flap servo twitches, its an MPX Digi5 HV servo, running off of either of two MPX Pro 12 channel RXs at a regulated 7.2v
The third is a Tuono where the outboard flap servo and the u/c servo twitch. The flap servo is an MPX Digi5 HV and the u/c servo is a standard HV running off of either an MPX 16 channel Pro Rx powered by a Powerbox Cockpit SRS system at 7.2v. Now I'd suspect my Tx BUT my other prop planes don't twitch at all!!
I'm mystified its all started happening in the last few weeks, first the Hawk, then the Tuono now the Flash. Any ideas out there?? Help David
Rareky the Tx. Reasons servo twitch are many and varied, starting with old and dying battery packs.
Age of servo, how long left sitting in one place could "dent" pot wiper board, dirty/corroded extension leads plug or sickets etc.
First try pluggging each servo direct to a receiver port with new battery and if all OK then try new extensionn leads.
"Y" leads are the most common failure points.

<dt>. Glitching & Jitters? - How to banish
. Jittering servos - DIY cleaning TX & RX pots
. Jiittering servos - photo illustrated DIY cleaning servo pots .pdf ***

With much more under sub section
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.</dt>
Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Twitching Servos

You sure know your stuf,Just had the faulty battery pack.What a great save ,flew last Sunday ,Friday setting up new airframe and the servos were very spasmodicin movement ( Not togetherwith the control ) also other servos moved when not comanded to. Read the above post,changed the Battery all fixed. Many thanks A.T.Yours Paul T