Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hpp-22

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpp-22

I'm trying to download model memory data from my Aurora 9 to my PC. It goes through the motion and creates a PDF file with the model name. But when I try to open the file, I get an error message saying the file is corrupt. I have downloaded HPP-22 software several time with the same result. Help. What am I doing wrong??

thanks
steve
Old 07-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The model data file is not something you will be able to open easily, it can only be transferred with the HPP-22.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Steve Percifield

I have the HPP-22 and have downloaded the HPP-22 software from Hitec's website. Follow the instructions and Nothing transfers…
Old 07-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Steve Percifield

I received a note from Hitec customer service. You can not download a model memory to a PC. The HPP-22 can transfer a model memory to another transmitter only.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Xpress

To clarify, the HPP-22 saves the model data as a .TXT file which can only be read by the HPP-22. You download models off of the transmitter using the HPP-22, the HPP-22 saves them in a .TXT file to the PC, then you can use the HPP-22 again to re-load those models onto a transmitter. There's nothing you can change on the PC with regards to modifying the model data file, nor can you edit the model data files with the HPP-22.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Steve Percifield

Originally Posted by Xpress
To clarify, the HPP-22 saves the model data as a .TXT file which can only be read by the HPP-22. You download models off of the transmitter using the HPP-22, the HPP-22 saves them in a .TXT file to the PC, then you can use the HPP-22 again to re-load those models onto a transmitter. There's nothing you can change on the PC with regards to modifying the model data file, nor can you edit the model data files with the HPP-22.
When I tried downloading a model, the HPP-22 created a PDF file on my computer. The PDF file was corrupt. Mike Mayberry from Hitec told me the HPP-22 is not designed for nor was it intended to be used to download model files to a PC. It will, according to him, transfer the data between transmitters.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Xpress

Originally Posted by Steve Percifield
When I tried downloading a model, the HPP-22 created a PDF file on my computer. The PDF file was corrupt. Mike Mayberry from Hitec told me the HPP-22 is not designed for nor was it intended to be used to download model files to a PC. It will, according to him, transfer the data between transmitters.
I'm sure there is some sort of misunderstanding, because that statement is 100% incorrect. The HPP-22 is our bridge device that is designed to do 2 things: 1. provide updates to devices, and 2. transfer model data off of the transmitter to your PC, which allows you to transfer model data back onto a transmitter. It does not create .pdf files.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:35 PM
Steve Percifield

I'm just trying to get answers. I wanted to download models to my PC to have more than 30 model memory capability on my Aurora 9. I have used the HPP-22 many times for updates. This is the first time I have tried to save a model to my PC. I bought the HPP-22 when I bought the transmitter many years ago, so maybe it is outdated. All I know is when I save from transmitter to PC it creates a PDF file on my PC. Doesn't ask me how to save it, just creates the PDF file. When I try to open it or down load from the PC to the transmitter, I get an error message saying the file is corrupt.

I ask about it here and sent Hitec customer service the same question. Mike Mayberry's answer was it can't download and save a model memory to my PC. That's all I know.

As I recall from memory, the HPP-22 software was version 1.19(?) and my transmitter has software 1.09
steve percifield
Old 07-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Xpress

If that is what Mike said then that information is incorrect.. I think the best thing to do is contact us via phone to get assistance:

858 748 6948
(Keep in mind we are moving our warehouse and office this week and next week, there may be a delay in phone service)

FYI, I am in Service and can assist with all your Hitec Questions, same as Mike
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Steve Percifield

Originally Posted by Xpress
If that is what Mike said then that information is incorrect.. I think the best thing to do is contact us via phone to get assistance:

858 748 6948
(Keep in mind we are moving our warehouse and office this week and next week, there may be a delay in phone service)

FYI, I am in Service and can assist with all your Hitec Questions, same as Mike
Thanks, But I am deaf and cannot use a telephone. Email and text is all I have. Plus forum posts.
steve