Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Receiver for Eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 06:11 PM
gpaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver for Eclipse 7

I’m a newbie and building my first plane(Kadet Mark ll) I was given a Eclipse 7 (72MHz) but I don’t have a receiver or servos. Can these still be purchased for this radio? What do ya all recommend and where would I find what I need. Thank you
Old 07-18-2020, 06:40 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't usually answer post 1 questions like this since they are often trolls but in this case I'm making an exception since you can get a lot of misleading answers. As a newbie the first thing you need to know is that 72MHz has transmitter/receiver frequency channel pairing unlike 2.4GHz. So you need to get a 72MHz receiver that is the same channel as your transmitter. And yes there are plenty of 72MHz receivers around. The transmitter channel is usually given with a sticker on the front or back of the unit. The Eclipse 7 can also use a SPECTRA module in the transmitter bay with allows you select the channel you want. Check to see if you have that - it will improve you ability to find a low cost receiver.

As far as receivers go, the Eclipse uses Hitec, Futaba, JR and Airtronics receivers - read your manual well on the frequency shift function. Also, it will only use stand PPM {AKA FM receivers} not PCM receivers. I suggest using 7 channel receivers. Hobby King has a selection of them including some off brand Futaba compatible receivers. Again, you must make sure to get the correct channel.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:57 AM
gpaw

Thank you for the information, yes my tx has the Hitec synthesized spectra module which has two small dials on the side. Are these dials used to change the channels to match the rx?
Thanks again for your help. Larry

Last edited by gpaw; 07-18-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

They also made a module for these converting it to 2.4. Last one I converted it came with two 2.4 receivers for around $100

Dennis
Old 07-18-2020, 10:49 AM
gpaw

Originally Posted by Propworn
They also made a module for these converting it to 2.4. Last one I converted it came with two 2.4 receivers for around $100

Dennis
That sounds like a good option but I don’t have any knowledge about what I would need to buy, I’ve been looking on the internet at different rx and modules and I just get confused on what I need to buy that’s why I’m asking for a little help. Larry

Old 07-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gpaw
That sounds like a good option but I don’t have any knowledge about what I would need to buy, I’ve been looking on the internet at different rx and modules and I just get confused on what I need to buy that’s why I’m asking for a little help. Larry
These have been discontinued but there are some still available.
Spectra 2.4GHz Module with 2 Optima 6Ch 2.4GHz Rx by Hitec RCD Inc.

Spectra2.4Manual_EN_v3.pdf
Old 07-18-2020, 07:17 PM
gpaw

Thank you for the information I will see if I can find this online. Larry