Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec programming

Old 01-25-2004, 10:52 AM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec programming

If I set up a servo to have a center of -5 on the programmer, and I want the servo to have the exact same travel on both sides of center, would I set the end points to be -105 and +95 to do that?

Or is the center value not to be accounted for for equal travel on both sides and I would use -100 and +100 to get equal travel on both sides?

If I set one side to -125 and the other to -100, will the servo truly travel farther in one direction than the other?

If I have a dual aileron setup, and one servo is -100 and the other is -130, this in order for them to have the same travel in one direction, will they move the same distance and be exactly equal THROUGHOUT their movement to their maximum values?

Thanks for the time and any extra ideas anyone has.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Mark_O74
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec programming

In my experience you cannot set them by just using the programmer's numbers. They will get you close but not exact, I have a board set up with a degree wheel that I use to program my servo's and a servo arm with a 4 inch pointer. This sets them up very accurately before I install them in the plane.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:38 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Hitec programming

When possible, I set them up in the plane.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

If you want to learn how to use the programmer to perfectly match servos, go here and see the videos by our team pilot Joe Hunt. http://www.downonthedeck.com/videos_misc.htm

Mike.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:12 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

If you want to learn how to use the programmer to perfectly match servos, go here and see the videos by our team pilot Joe Hunt. http://www.downonthedeck.com/videos_misc.htm

Mike.
You got to be kidding me from what i hear this guy left out alot of the specified procerure's that needs to be done with the programmer. id look elsewhere for some advice on the programmer.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:54 PM
bentgear

Dennis, nothing says you have to set everything possible each time you program a servo.

Ed M.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:08 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Dennis, nothing says you have to set everything possible each time you program a servo.

Ed M.
Well if your going to do it, then why not do it the correct way[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
bentgear

Thats what I mean, your correct way may be different from mine as it is different from Joe's as it is different from Mike's. My correct way will change from plane to plane depending on what I need to end up with. Who knows, your and mine may be the same depending on what we are doing. Are wll all clear on this now, uhhhhhhhh what was I trying to say.

Ed M.