Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Help! 5945 Servos Software Up to date?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 05:57 PM
lsnover
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 5945 Servos Software Up to date?

Hi Folks:

I just purchased 6 new Hitec 5945 Digital Servos and a Hitec Programmer at the WRAM show.

When I got home and was looking at the servos, two of them had older packaging and have a Mar 02 sticker on them, the other four have a different package and say V1.03. I'm a bit miffed, as I would have thought I'd be getting current stuff, but it's hard to go back and argue. The vendor was from California. It's a bit cheesy when you are buying $80.00 servos.

Anyway, I know there where problems with earlier versions of these servos and I certainly don't want to jeaprodize my plane. Are the Mar 02 models up to date? If not can I update them with my programmer? I assume the ones that say 1.03 are up to date, as that matches the version number that's displayed on my programmer.

Thanks,
Lee Snover
Old 02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help! 5945 Servos Software Up to date?

Lee

The March 02 servos were updated; this was and is the latest software revision as far as I know. You can check on the Hitec website for specific info, at least it used to be provided with reference to this conundrum.

In any event turn on your programmer and note when it fires up if it displays the V1.03 revision tag... When you program your servos you'll want to reset them all individually of course, this will transfer the latest software proto-call and parameters into the servos digital amp... From there setup the servos to suit your needs.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:21 PM
lsnover
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help! 5945 Servos Software Up to date?

Thanks Mike:

Makes me feel a bit better.

Regards,
Lee