Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Are these servos adequate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 03:15 AM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these servos adequate?

Hi Mike,

I 'm figuring out what i want to do with my DP Ultimate that is going to have a YS 140L in it. I'm wondering about the HS 225 MG's for the elevator halves as well as the 4 aileron surfaces. Are they strong enough to stand up to the job on a 6 volt system? How about those new digital ones based on the 225 body??(btw What's the offical number for them?)

Another question is do you think 2 HS 81's could hold up for use on the elevator of a Pizazz or should i use the 85's???

Both of these planes are 3D'd

Thanks for your advice (and anyone else who wants to chime in with their experience)

HSH
Old 09-22-2002, 12:20 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

I would use Hitec 625s or 645s for your application the 225s are strong but the 625s are about the same price from National Hobbies around 37 bucks Why take a chance?? I havent had any experience with the new digitals you mentioned only the 5625s and have had good luck with those on 33% laser Hope this helps
Old 09-22-2002, 03:46 AM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

I was thinking of the 225's in order to save some weight.

HSH
Old 09-23-2002, 06:52 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

One 5245MG per aileron should be fine. I would not recommend the 81's for the Pizazz, the 85MG's would be a safer choice.

Mike.