Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 mixes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 09:15 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 mixes

I have been having problems setting up mixes on an Eclipse 7 Q-PCM Tx...

Last night I tried to setup mixes on a new airplane with two elevator servos... Simple, straightforward, nothing fancy... Set one up as the master, one as the slave, EPA = 100% on both... The slave servo ALWAYS lags behind the master through full travel and 100% deflection on each servo is different... Plus, when I adjusted the digital trim for the elevator on channel 2, the mixed channel just sat there, doing nothing...

What's the deal???

Mark
Old 03-27-2005, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Eclipse 7 mixes

Well, I guess a non-response is answer enough for me...

The Eclipse 7 is a POS for anything beyond basic setups...

Old 03-27-2005, 12:23 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

well if i may jump in .the eclipse 7 does not support mixing for dual elevators.you will need to use a reversing y for this if you want them to work the same and have trims on both sides
Old 03-28-2005, 04:42 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Torqued-Up,
This is one of the faults that I also discovered in an otherwise fine transmitter. The Optic 6 has the dual elevator capability, but you do lose the extra channel and some of the mixes. I have not been a fan of servo reversing Y harnesses having had two failures. On my UCD 60 I used a standard Y harness and reversed one of my HS 635HB servos (very easy to do). The elevator has worked perfectly ever since. There are other ways around this problem, such as using one different brand of servo on one side that rotates in the opposite direction. Unfortunately running separate elevator channels is impossible with the E7.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:27 AM

It would have been nice to hear this from a Hitec rep, but alas, it appears that they will not admit their own shortcomings...

It also appears that we cannot use the Eclipse 7 for for anything beyond basic setups... It would be nice to be able to mix channels for dual elevator, aileron servos to avoid the extra cost of Y-cables... Plus the fact that you cannot set deflection differential when using a Y-cable on the ailerons... The biggest pain is the fact that when you DO mix channels, there is always a noticeable lag in activation of the mixed channel... Plus the mixed channel does not travel to full deflection as the master channel does...

I do like the E7 for the fact that the spectra module allows you to switch Tx frequencies at will, avoiding channel conflicts with other flyers... But it now appears that I need to start moving my more complex programming issues to my 10X...

Thanks for the replies and happy flying...

Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 AM
My Feedback: (19)

I never used a Y Harness for the ailerons except for a trainer. I use channels 1 and 6 and activate the flaperon function. I am just careful not to deploy the flap control unless I want to use it. I have also played with the differentials using end point adjustments that can be set individually up or down on each aileron servo. This is a manufacturers forum and we are really not supposed to air our comments. I have known about the elevator problem for some time, but that didn't stop me from buying another new E7. Realistically it is alot of transmitter for the money. I don't believe that Hitec will ever remedy this though as the Optic 6 and Multiplexes have the capability. I have aired this issue directly to Hitec myself some time ago. It is just a shame that the "Flagship" transmitter does not have this function[]. Your lack of direct response may be due to the recent show schedules. I know that almost all of the large manufacturers are already on the way to Toledo Ohio. I wanted to order a new plane over the weekend, but was asked to wait until April 2, when everyone is back from Toledo. Fortunately my friend is going there and will bring it back for me if one is available at the show. I hope the moral support helps.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Torqued-Up

I have been having problems setting up mixes on an Eclipse 7 Q-PCM Tx...

Last night I tried to setup mixes on a new airplane with two elevator servos... Simple, straightforward, nothing fancy... Set one up as the master, one as the slave, EPA = 100% on both... The slave servo ALWAYS lags behind the master through full travel and 100% deflection on each servo is different...
The problem is more likely than not associated with the mechanical setup and or geometry of each individual surfaces control linkage. This is a common problem of same and is a result of miss-matched linkage setups and installations. It’s additionally exasperated by utilizing sub-trim and or trim offsets to center or neutral the surfaces. Another consideration unequal percentage of end-point or ATV, the trim offsets mentioned previously is affected by same.

ORIGINAL: Torqued-Up

Plus, when I adjusted the digital trim for the elevator on channel 2, the mixed channel just sat there, doing nothing...
This is a design oversight and or short coming. This TX does have its limitations and this is one of them.

Also be careful with the volume control knob while utilizing the mix driving the elevators in this scenario as it can and will affect the implementation of dual elevator servos.