Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Service?

I bought four 56HB servos at $25 each. One was bad out of the box. The servo would start to jitter after about a minute. It did it with a Berg 5ch, and two JR receivers, and several different batteries. I sent it to Hitec service along with a completed form, receipt, etc.

A couple days later I received a post card in the mail saying that Hitec received my servo on March 11. I assumed that someone would have read my note that it was a new servo that was defective out of the box. Days turned into weeks and no servo yet! I called customer service. I think I talked to Mike first. He said it seemed odd - said something about a tech not assiged to it yet and he thought that was strange. He said he would check into it and call back. A little while later Tony called back, asked if I was Chuck, then let me speak to a tech that told me the pot was bad and they would replace it. I asked if they could send it back quick and he said it would go out in the mail. Many days later and still no servo.

I have e-mailed customer service twice and received no response. I called on March 28 and the guy I talked to said it went out on March 22. So I figured I'd have it in a few days.

I just got off the phone with Marty at customer service. He told me that there is no way it could have gone out on the 22nd because they are out of stock. So not only do I receive poor customer service, but apparantly was lied to as well! The fellow that told me it went out the 22nd didn't give me his name.

All I'm asking for is some honest communication. When will I receive my servo?

Chuck

Old 03-31-2005, 12:03 PM
tohm

Default RE: Hitec Service?

Chuck,

I do apologize for any miscommunication there has been between the service department and yourself. The HS-56 servos have been on backorder since the end of February. We have not been able to replace your unit nor ship any new units.

A shipment did arrive the other day so I will make sure your replacement servo is sent to you immediately.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:25 PM
CHM

Thanks Tony. I really would have appreciated it if you would have just told me that when I talked to you on the phone. As a matter of fact, any of the four people that I talked to in MARCH could have told me that you have been out of them since the end of February.

Again, I realize that this is just one small servo, but it's a matter of customer service. It doesn't matter if it's one servo in a $450 foamie or 9 digitals in a 35%er. FWIW I have 19 other Hitec servos and was considering some more for a new project. This is what it says on the Hitec website: We will serve our customers in the same loving way we serve our families and together we shall create a higher quality of life. I sent two e-mails to [email protected] and never received a response. Please put yourself in the customer's shoes in my case. What the website says and what I experienced are two very different things.

Please send it out Priority Mail when you get some in stock.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:03 AM
CHM

Still no servo. Can you at least give me an approximate date?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
tohm

It went out priority mail on Friday. You should have it any day now.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM
CHM

Thanks Tony!