Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

bugs on Optic 6

Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Vismund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugs on Optic 6

Hi!

I'm so far a very satisfied owner of a Optic 6, which I have been using for over 100 flights so far without any trouble. But today when I switched on the system to control the servos on a brand new Extra, which was working fine yesterday, my dual elevator setup without ailevator mixing didn't respond in one direction, the servo on channel 2 was working as usual, but the slave (channel 5) responded slowly and not to full throw when I was trying to raise the elevators. It only moved a couple of mm's (well I'm european as you figured). It didn't respond to any changes to the EPA in that direction for the specific channel at all. Reading about bugs due to a new product I'm curious about which specific settings to avoid (known upon today) for the entire system ?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bugs on Optic 6

The problem you describe is not a known problematic parameter and or failure to date.

I'd suggest you look real hard at the servo in question and the servo connectors as well.

Why not try and cross connect the two elevator servo channels to validate the root cause of the problem. If the problem follows the servo you have your answer.