Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HELP 5625

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP 5625

I just ordered 8 HS 5625 MG Digital servos and a futaba R 138DP 8 channel PCM reciever, fom my Aeroworks/WM 27% ultimate (50 cc gas) to be used with a Futaba 6x computer radio.

I was up all night last reading up on the posts for th 5625's issues here on RCU (of course after i placed the order) and to be honest with you, i'm feeling a little worried.

I have had many products work out great after hearing someone else share horror stories about the same product. Many times we dont here the whole story or it was somthing simple. But it's hard to dissmiss so many complaints. Help me feel better. Are the bugs worked out? I know you stand behind your products, but replacing servos as they fail is not an option if the plane crashes.
If these servos are not for this application, I will send them back and get the right ones. The plane manufacturer calls for 70 oz. MINIMUM on all surfaces.

What kind of set up do I need or what do I need to do to ensure that I dont have any problems with these servos.
Whatever you recomend, I will do. I just dont want to worry about servo failure.

I wanted to wye the left upper and lower ailerons to one channel, and Right upper and lower to another channel, and wye the elevator halves (w/ out reverser,servo direction to be reprogramed). Are these wyes going to create problems?

Please help

Ted

Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Default RE: HELP 5625

For that size plane, the 5625 servos will work fine when using a 5 cell pack. The torque at this voltage will be almost double what you say the plane manufacturer suggests.

These servos have been on the market for almost 5 years now, and in my opinion have been very reliable.

If the servos you have say v1.03, then a standard y-harness is perfectly ok. If they say v1.04, then I would suggest a boosted/buffered extension when using them with a Futaba PCM receiver.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Thankyou for your timely response.

Do I need to get a programmer?

Ted
Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM

Explain boosted/buffered extension. I am not familiar with some of the digi lingo yet.
do i need one per y ?

Ted
Old 04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Try one of these

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=JRPA133