Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

To Program, or Not to Program ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:25 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To Program, or Not to Program ????

Mike or Glen,
I now have 10 HItec Digital Servos:
5625 - 2
5645 - 2
5925 - 4
5945 - 2
So, I purchased the Hitec HFP-10 programmer, version 1.03.

My 5925's are all older (modified Mar 2001), so I have reprogramed them. I left them set to the default values. Two of these will go on Ailerons for my new Lanier 120 size Edge 540. Do I need to adjust any of the settings away from the default values ?

The other servos are more recent (modified May 2002). Do I need to reprogram these as well ?
Old 10-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Glen Merritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay in answering, please confirm what the sticker says on the "modified May 2002" products.

Glen
Old 10-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrong Month

Woops,
I was typing information from memory and got it wrong. They have a sticker on them that simply says MAR 02, but the boxes have MAR 02 and v1.03.

Also of note:
Some have a Futaba connector and the Black, Red, White chord is not twisted. The others have a Hitec/JR connector and the Black, Red, Yellow lead is twisted.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:07 PM
Glen Merritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our advice is to reset the older pre-Oct. 2001 servos to the default with the reset function in the programmer.

You should not have to "program" them unless you wish to change any of the default values.

The reason for the twisted wires on the newer digital servo product is to potentially help reduce glitching caused by longer servo leads in aircraft applications.