Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 PM
mr.edzadventure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 question

I need a new radio and I'm not totally sold on spread spectrum as of yet. What receivers are compatible with the Eclipse QPCM ? And can you change the Module on the transmitter to a FM to take advantage of a smaller receiver for a Foam plane. I have yet to own a Hitec Radio but it looks like it has a ton of flexibility for allot of different applications. Thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipse 7 question

The Eclipse QPCM TX is capable of working with nearly any PPM RX, single or dual conversion as well as specifically with Hitec’s QPCM RX’s. The only caveat’s are the RX channel band/frequency must match that of the TX.

QPCM like other PCM equipment is manufacturer specific, you cannot mix equipment brands. A Hitec QPCM RX is the only RX that will work in the QPCM mode.

The TX is programmed to work with either PPM or QPCM modulation and the appropriate modulation shift for the PPM RX in play. The TX frequency module matters not, it will work in either modulation scheme.