Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Mike, Got a PROBLEM.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 05:32 AM
alcohol burner
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike, Got a PROBLEM.

I bought 12 hitec 5645's from Don's Hobby online.
4 of the 12 have serious problems....I think......

Here is what i had happen........I just finished putting my 35% Cap together. I got rid of my Futaba 9206's because of stripping gears too frequently.....I installed all new 5645's.......My left rudder servo was jumping all around....HMMM......First i cahnged out the long servo extension wire....still problem...when i say jumping ...I mean it cycles almost from end to end.......so i eliminated the ext. all together......hooked straight in to my i4c isolator....still there.....eliminated isolator......still there......hooked straight in to reciever.....still there.....damn....pcm reciever bad......not.....switched out with new pcm reciever....(futaba 1024)......still there......HMMMM.......recharged all batteries overnight....just incase.....still has problem......but while i was jsut screwing around and started cycling all my servos just to see what was going to happen......3 more started intermittently working......i mean while cycling from one end point to the next the servo would just stock dead for a second then continue on......what is going on with these servos....all boxes are marked....march 02.........I am totatlly not comfortable at all about these servos.....I am having a 40% edge being built and was going with these servos also....but not until this problem is resolved...thanks....

Tim Adams
Old 07-14-2003, 07:33 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Do you have the programmer? If so, what do they do on it? What is the power source?

I would recommend you contact us to discuss this further so we can determain if it is the servos or another isuue. (858)748-6948

Mike.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:55 PM
alcohol burner

NO I DO NOT HAVE THE PROGRAMMER....

POWER SOURCE IS NIMH 4000 mah 6 VOLTS....BOUGHT NEW FROM DAVE THACKER.......

RUNNING THROUGH 14C ISOLATOR......

I AM USING 9C FUTABA W/1024 PCM RECIEVER.....

HOOKED UP TO A PCM RECIEVER AND A 8103 JR SYSTEM.....SAME PROBLEM.......
Old 07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
MikeMayberry

Try eliminating the isolator and see if that helps. It's odd that you would have 4 bad servos out of the box like that. If you determine they are defective, I would suggest you contact our service manager Tony Ohm [email protected] and he'll figure out the best way to take care of you.

Mike.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:16 AM
alcohol burner

NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE THE PROBLEM....BUT GUESS WHAT ?I BUILT MY HOBBY ROOM ON THE INSIDE OF MY GARAGE, OK.....IN MY HOBBY ROOM I HAVE AN A/C.......I WAS SETTING THIS PLANE UP IN THE MAIN PART OF MY GARAGE.....THE BACK OF THE A/C STICKS OUT IN THE LARGER AREA OF THE GARAGE....WHEN THE COMPRESSOR KICKS ON THIS CAUSES MAJOR INTERFERENCE......
HUH>>!???!!.....I SET THERE AND CYCLED THE "COLDER KNOB" BACK AND FORTH.....WHEN THE COMPRESSOR KICKS IN , THE SERVOS GO APE ***T........ONLY THE DIGITAL SERVOS WERE AFFECTED.......STD. SERVOS WORK FINE......THOUGHT I'D LET YOU ALL KNOW......HAVE FLOWN PALNE SERVERAL TIMES NOW AND THEY WORK FINE.....BUT I DID LAGITIMATELY HAVE ONE BAD SERVO....WHEN I PLUGGED IT IN, IT GOT SMOKIN' HOT......UNPLUGGED.....MOVED ARM BACK AND FORTH.....MOVED FINE....PLUGGED BACK IN AND IT SMOKED BAD.....WIRES WEREN'T HOT.....WHEN I UNPLUGGED THOUGH YOU NEEDED A PAIR OF PLIERS TO MOVE ARM AFTERWARDS....NOT SURE WHAT HAPPEN THERE........JUST HAVE TO SEND IN ONE SERVO NOW.....BUT OTHER THAN THIS PROBLEM THESE DIGITALS WORK GREAT.....THANKS...TO ALL WHO REPLIED.......

TIM ADAMS
Old 07-21-2003, 04:17 PM
MikeMayberry

I'll have to add that to my suggestion of things to check for!

Mike.