Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
sshine440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

Get rid of the trans problem and loose weight , i may b crazy but we will see .......

Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 AM
llkoolskillet

Not dropping the tranny, I don't want to increase the risk of poppin the motor.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM
sshine440

hmmm i guess we will see cuz i have got my picco and all i need now is some warmer weather and we will b breaking some records ...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
sshine440

here is the new rule to the speed record ,,,, in my world you have to do your top speed within 150 feet . any thoughts 

Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM
llkoolskillet

LOL not going to happen even with your direct drive
Old 01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
sshine440

ok LL
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 PM
sshine440

all i need is a warm day and i will be the king .........
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
sshine440

signed by the man him self ...... i do believe his drag racing motors are the ones to beat, because everyone in the R-C drag racing industry and want to go fast have Rick modtheirmotors or should i say he holds the record at the finals inFloridaover the past 2 years . Hmm that sayallot nothing better than building the fastest drag mills . ask Brent Davis he is on his site he broke and holds the IMDRA record with RB mill .
Old 01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
llkoolskillet

Its ok you talk about being king but im still 9 mph faster remember you claim 56 but have no proof so that means it never happened. Im still excited to see what you reach as my curiosity is getting to me.

BTW would you share with us how rick told you to break in the motor?

Your going roto start? I hope you have spare OWBs on hand cause your going to need them
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
sshine440

its already broke in by Rick all i do is tune and go ....  i paid extra ,,,,,and has a warranty due to any defects caused by him as long as i do not put the 221 t of Robins on his motors . I now have 2 end bleed ant 1 side bleed 221t pipes  i'm posting for sale soon .
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM
llkoolskillet

How much fuel did he put thru the motor?

Your really going to sell the ERCM pipes? Wow now you really have no chance
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
sshine440

LL we are not and i repeat not beginners,so keep your questions on a professorial level .
Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
llkoolskillet

Ok I will ask again then, how much fuel was run thru the motor?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
sshine440

ill tel you how much , if you tell me whats up you sleeve LOL
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
llkoolskillet

Whats up my sleeve? You know I have ERCM power up my sleeve. You have seen what I have thus far. I have made some changes but havent made a pass with them yet
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
sshine440

well skillet if you think you can rattle my cage again  u best try harder cuz im not going to debate with you ,,,,
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
llkoolskillet

rattling your cage huh lol Im just asking questions and your be secretive. Im not worried, you still havent crossed 55 yet.

Well since you want more info from me about my rig, when im finished building it the projected weight will be right around 8.5lbs. Thats with a full all metal 3spd, steel drive line, ERCM stainless pipe, and zero modding to the A arms. Still a true savage Thats only 1 pound heavier than your truck
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
sshine440

mine is still a savage prob have more hpi parts than yours and still lighter He He funny how everyone likes what im doing but you LL
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
sv250

Hmm lot of **** talkin. I say let your vids talk. If you have the fastest that's it don't need to say anything. I watched this little drama play out for a long time now. It's getting old.

I like to keep an eye on these threads to see what kind of crazy ideas you guys come up with. Drama on 3 forums now is rediculous.

Now to the trucks, the direct drive interests me. I'm wondering if the power lost in the transmission will be enough to compensate for the loss of low end power gained from gearing. Finding the right spur will be a challenge. Btw is that a TC3 set up?

Now if you guys want to talk engines, I think they need to be tested on a full dress stock savage. Sme truck, different engines.

I'm also wondering if weight is as big of a factor as you guys think. 10lbs or 13 lbs 34k rrpm and the same gearing should net the same top end just the lighter one will get there faster. iMO. I'll let you guys test that theory.

That makes me wonder why 28s ? why not use that engenuity to figure out how to mount a bump start .21 that will out rev a 28 by 8-10k rpm?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Borneoben

That's a good point SV250

Weight is not an issue in speed runs, just take a look at the rigs you get at Bonneville.

All the LSR machines you ever see are huge monsters that weigh several tons. in fact there is something to be said for a heavier machine as it may add stability.

The lighter machine will of course get there faster which is probably why Shine suggest the 150ft rule!!

I do agree that there should be a couple of gentleman rules such as some sort of proof in the videos of speed be it GPS or radar gun and maybe at least 2 different runs in opposite directions and take the average on the same day in the same video?, same as the full scale LSR attempts??

LOL

Oh and guys

Dont forget this is all supposed to be fun!!

There is no prize money and this is not professional.

Lets not loose sight of the fact that we are all big kids playing with expensive toys!!
And there is not much anyone can argue with on that.

Its really interesting the different approach you guys have taken, that's what makes this so interesting

Let the videos do the talking and leave the snide comments in your heads.

Good luck to both of you!!

I am watching with interest

Ben

Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
purenitro33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sshine440

its already broke in by Rick all i do is tune and go .... i paid extra ,,,,,and has a warranty due to any defects caused by him as long as i do not put the 221 t of Robins on his motors . I now have 2 end bleed ant 1 side bleed 221t pipes i'm posting for sale soon .

Hey sunshine, nice looking truck. But on a slightly different note, how about you show this picture to Rick and ask him again how my pipes can cause ANY sort of engine damage. I think the picture is pretty self explanatory, I mean there is no magic voodoo in what I have designed and nobody has ever reported any engine issues, just read the reviews

I'll buy those two end bleed pipes back right now, $150 + shipping. You can keep the other pipe as it sounds like Rick may have it stuck up his ass, I'm glad it's a side bleed

Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 AM
llkoolskillet

Eh these comments above are a by product of wanting to be number 1 or the fastest. You will find them everywhere there is a competition. I choose to ignore them now.

The full dress savage idea, I hit 59.2mph with an 11.5 lbs savage. Now I have weighed my brand new 2012 savage X and it weighs 11.55lbs. In a 12.5+lb XL chassis I hit 56mph. Thru all my testing shaving weight has played a roll in this. The biggest player tho is the engine tune. If its not perfect your not going to go fast. Sure I have many options up my sleeve, this biggest tho is the help from the engine and pipe and the man who made them. My current weight with everything on the truck ready to make a pass is 10.0lbs.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 AM
llkoolskillet

If anyone wants to see a video. There's a thread below this one of a 60mph savage. I might just know the guy
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
sshine440

Ok I do agree i need to put a video up and now that i have a motor i will.  but i have already did a different truck to get a true assumption of the moded picco i have its a xl with moded 3 speed and all hpi parts  with my spur gear mod with a 38 tooth and a 19 tooth bell and as soon as it dries up i will make a pass with video .. i do agree with you both Borneoben and sv250  thanks for the info and i think the weight is just to get to speed quicker hence the limited distance to do this , i think it will make things interesting . And as far as the pipes i will show the pic to Rick and i would consider your offer Robin but im going to list them on e-bay and craigs list first .if no takers ill let you know. as far as knowing what these pipes do to make these motors happy im at a loss im just going off what my engine builder tells me, he has been doing this for a long time and has world record drag racing motors and that says allot to me , i will get the skinny on your pipe robin and pm you , now my personal opinion is that ,,, the 221t is loud and it does improve low end torque  im thinkin a test  on a stock f4.6 but would some one  else do the test also, compare a stock hpi xl alum pipe and the 221t from a standing start  and go 50 feet and stop watch it if it  is better you should see a big difference dont care if its a x chassis or a xl but use the same truck  just do the test back to back and do the best average out of say 5 passes on each pipe .
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 AM
sshine440

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.