Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

run away savage

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Smokin240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run away savage

I haven't run in a while because i had to fix some things on it and today when i went to run it it ran away and i had no control over it can this be a problem with the batterys,it works fine when the engine is off.[&:]
Old 06-04-2005, 02:19 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: run away savage

possible problem with the crystal. Are you running a failsafe? If so take it out, If not get one.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
ratpower396

I had a similar problem first time the crystal backed out of the socket a little & lost signal when engine was running..Second time reciever was shot..Had failsafes they always caused glitching.I just keep batteries charged & havnt had problems since(knock wood)
Old 06-05-2005, 06:59 AM
TimmyD

Yer i had that sort of problem with mine just check over all of the truck e.g. the batterys, the cristal, all the wires (i had 1 wear right to the other side of the insulation lol no wire there), transmmiter batterys. ++ when the engine is running it will create a lot of interference that some times makes the servos twitch a little, no need to worry.

TimmyD -
Old 06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
vinny422

nebie savage owner here....

failsafes can cause trucks to go in to runaway?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

I had that issue for about 6 seconds one day running a synthesized radio/receiver. Luckily it didn't harm anything and teh ctruck came right back under control after the 6 seconds (Only the throttle was pegged...I was still able to steer - and I do NOT run a failsafe). The problem is that the receiver/radio system HAS to accept interference (Per the FCC) and this can cause undesired operation (run away). It is listed in your radio manual. If it happens frequently or in different areas, then you may have an issue as suggested above.

Anything can cause problems (failsafes included). If you get moisture (sometimes even dirt) on a circuit board, you can have arcing which causes irratic operation.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
:Green:

A failsafe is positively good insurance to have, Ive got way too much money into my truck to not run one.... Ive seen my bashing buddy chase his truck countless times, even smash into stuff and be done for the day. he wishes he had a failsafe.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

I have 6+ gallons through my 2 trucks and other than that 6 seonds that I mentioned, I have never needed one. Before I ran either one for the the first time, I made sure that if the radio signal was lost the slide would shut. I had to reroute my Savage return spring to mount from the 90 degree plastic arm to the rollbar. This makes it close quickly and without binding like the stock setup.

My LST shuts perfectly in stock form.