Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

RACERS EDGE .32 ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:44 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACERS EDGE .32 ??'s

Does anyone know about these engines? Are they any good and are they really a fast or torque motor? Shopping around and trying to find the best fit for my truck. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:10 AM
MTObsession

Default RE: RACERS EDGE .32 ??'s

I love mine! it's a beast! Had to install a wheelie bar to keep it off its lid & the top end is incredible.

My 4.6 is awesome & I hear that the same manufacturer builds both. they look & tune the same.

I considered the Collari .32 for awhile but decided against it after reading the forums.

FYI, OFNA is introducing the "Force .32" in January. Their engines are solid & priced well. Might be worth the wait.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:25 AM
tmodlin

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

Does anyone know about these engines? Are they any good and are they really a fast or torque motor? Shopping around and trying to find the best fit for my truck. Thanks for your input.

Have you been hanging around the LST forums? My buddy, who owns an LST, talks about this ungine all the time. Sounds like a big player in the LST world. I have not heard anything bad about it.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Bash-m-up

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

Have you been hanging around the LST forums? My buddy, who owns an LST, talks about this ungine all the time. Sounds like a big player in the LST world. I have not heard anything bad about it.
Yeah, that's where I've been, you caught me. I got an LST that's has my utmost attention right now, so I dip in there now and then, but I check here still too. I haven't posted much lately, but I'm sure I'll get back full swing in a little bit. Thanks for your input. I'm actually considering this engine but just don't know much about it. The LST is slightly beefier than the savy in tipping the scales so I didn't know if I should go the .28 route like my savy or go up to the RE .32 to try and get it going. I don't have know real world specs to go by though, so it kinda makes it tough if not many people have used it.[&:]
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Bash-m-up

If I can't figure out something soon, I'm going to post it for trade. I'm thinking a TNX. Hey, there's a new kind of post.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
all4it

I heard this engine is made by Toki...the same people who made the wasp.28...that would mean its a turd.. I wouldnt buy it regardless...Since when did racers edge get in the nitro engine game? Therefore I would not buy it. I wouldnt waste my money on any of those crap engines...sts, mach, xtm, diablo, etc....You want a good engine? I'd recommend OS, Picco, Novarossi, RB... Stay away from those junk Tiawanese rebadged engines..
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Bash-m-up

Isn't OS a Rice Burner too?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:15 PM
all4it

I said nothing about rice burner?

O.S is Japanese not Taiwanese and in Japan they tend to use quality material like the Italian manufacturers.

And that pretty much is what it all comes down to...the quality of the material used to create one of these engines. What do people think those engines I mentioned are so affordable because of child labor or something? No...It because the material is s**t.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
2fast2slow

I heard that the Surefire puts out 3.6hp with a top rpm of 38000, but has anyone tried to see what the difference is between that and the STS .28 which puts out 3.6hp, and 40000rpm