Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Tires/rims what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 01:48 PM
PSG-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires/rims what to get?

Right now i'm running maximizer bead lock rims with the stock savage tires on there. I was wondering if going to a bigger tire would help with cornering/traction. Like maybe some 40 series tires. I've got beefed up diffs and CVD's all the way around and down the center. I've got a 3 speed tranny with a mach .26. I'm trying to make my truck more stable any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 PM
living my life

Default RE: Tires/rims what to get?

savage 25 tires or 4.6 tires? You goin for traction on dirt or pavement?

From what I have seen the 25 tires like to roll over a lot on pavement but seem to do quite well on dirt. The 4.6 tires are ok on pavement and good on dirt. As for the bigger tires you will have more mass you will have to turn so it may not turn as fast but could inprove the traction. I never had larger tires so I hope that helps.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:05 PM
PSG-1

yeah i've got the stock savage 25 RTR tires. I'm looking for something that's good on dirt but won't get too torn up on pavement. i'm more wondering about size... maybe something that's wider?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 PM
azzman

dirt bonz last well on pavement as well as being gret in the dirt...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:38 AM
tmodlin

ORIGINAL: PSG-1

yeah i've got the stock savage 25 RTR tires. I'm looking for something that's good on dirt but won't get too torn up on pavement. i'm more wondering about size... maybe something that's wider?
I have said it once and I will keep saying it. The stock LST tires make the Savage a lot more stable. I think you said in another post that your friend has an LST, if that is the case throw them on your truck and give em a try. They seem to hold up well on pavement, grip great on dirt, and have some pretty stiff foams to give stability. The rims and tires are also wider so it gives the truck a little wider stance. The best part is that you can get them off eBay for cheap because they are OE on the LST. For the money they are the best, I am sure there are a lot better but 4 pre-glued wheels/tires for less than $40 shipped cannot be beat.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:21 AM
miswa

get a set of pro-line series40 dish wheels and put a set of bowtie wheels on it. works really good in racing