Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 25 "something broke need help"

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 PM
McMillinRc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25 "something broke need help"

I was running my Savage 25 and hit a hill truck went ass over tin cups and fliped on all 4 wheels then was at almost have throttle an would not move throttle was stuck at half and truck would not move im guessing something broke in the tranni or something tell me what you think
Old 12-26-2005, 05:19 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Savage 25 "something broke need help"

Check your gear mesh and throttle linkage.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:00 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably stripped the spur gear. It's the large plastic gear by the motor. It's only like $5, but like joes75 said, check your gear mesh or you will be replacing it again real soon. For the stuck throttle, make sure the throttle return spring did not pop off or the linkage is not sticking.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:16 PM
McMillinRc

The Big gear by the motor is ok but i think it something in the gear box not sure and the throttle is ok i think because i had the body off the truck messing with the carb but i could rev it but it would because rev really high so i choked it out to get it to shut off 2nd time running it and if you pick the truck up and turn the wheels all 4 wheels move like normal but when it was running it would not move just rev really hight like it has a neutral but i dont really know what happened first timer running a truck im into to flying planes let me know what you think
Old 12-26-2005, 06:21 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Could be your clutch also, might have to inspect that as well.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
-SomeGuy-

Not really helpfull for solving your problem but just to let ppl know you dont need the throttle return spring.It just drains your batteries faster, the servo will automatically bring it back to a closed position.The guy at my lhs told me this and its been working fine for me.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:16 PM
DaveG55

Assuming that the clutch bell is spinning the spur gear.
Check your slipper clutch setting. Tighten the slipper nut all the way down and then back it of 1/4 turn.
If that does not help, tighten the slipper nut all the way down and try it. If that fixes it then you will need to replace the slipper pad on the back of the spur gear.
Don't start worring about the tranny til you check those things.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Kanza

There could be a couple of things wrong.

First, check the spur gear. It may still have teeth, but the slipper pad could be toast, or the tension nut could have slipped out. Second, check the reverse module (if you have one). The linkage could be halfway between forward and reverse. Third. check the output cups on the tranny. It would be rare, but you may have snapped the setscrews that hold them to the tranny. If none of the above works, it might be time to open up the gearbox and inspect it.

Good luck
Old 12-28-2005, 12:37 PM
podge_87

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

Not really helpfull for solving your problem but just to let ppl know you dont need the throttle return spring.It just drains your batteries faster, the servo will automatically bring it back to a closed position.The guy at my lhs told me this and its been working fine for me.
untill ur batt dies!