Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

New Savage 25 RTR need tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM
proracin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Savage 25 RTR need tuning help

I just purchased a Savage 25 RTR and need help with the break in/Tuning. I ran the first tank on idle with 20% nitro 16% lubrication fuel and messed a lil with the idle a lil as it started to run thru. On the second tank I started to drive it around on the dirt but it was running very very sluggish and kept dying out when I tried to give it more then half throttle. So I leaned it out about an 1/8 turn about four times untill it wouldn't run so sluggish. It started to run a lil better thru half the second tank but still died out a few times when trying to go for more then half throttle.Well I finally got thru the second tank and started on the 3rd I leaned it out some more. Even with leaning it out more it ran a lil sluggish still was able to go full throttle a few times but then finally died. The temp was running at about 220 when it died. Any tuning tips would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:52 PM
sprocket226

Default RE: New Savage 25 RTR need tuning help

I'm in the process of breaking in a new S-25 too. The needles from the factory were set way too "burble" rich the engine would barely run, I had to lean mine out alittle, to get the temps up for a decsent heat-cycle.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:01 PM
proracin

yeah i'll just try to lean it out more till it runs smooth and heats up to around 240-250.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:45 PM
dst747

just finished running mine in, now tuning, very very very rich settings!