Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage le break in problems(please help)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Yamaha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage le break in problems(please help)

Hi veryone, I tried to break in my savage le today. I couldnt even finish the first tank bacause i started it up and the first time it ran very fast. I let it run like that for maybe a min,followed the instructions and put it on a box so the wheels can spin freely, i dont no wat i did after and the wheels were spining very slow then , it says to put a cloth under the exhaust , then prime the fuel line and put the roto starter in for 7-10 secs with out the glow igniter, so i did all that,the says to manually open the carb 1/4 of the way open, so i took off the air filter to see and did that, the said to put the glow igniter on and start it so it started but the wheels were spinning very fast, so i left it like that for like maybe 1min and a half then decided to turn it off, then i dont no wat i did and it was spinning very slow, then kept trying to adjust the trottle servo s the engine runs fast ebuff to idle smoothly with out the clutch or turning the wheels, but didnt get anywere, then decided to go home and ask my friend that has some rc trucks to help but wasnt home, then i called hpi and the guy said that it was ok if the wheels were spinning very slow and to open the carb a little then try to close it slowly just so it runs. If any of you guys could help that would be great . Thanks and 30 secs, then