Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

No Shift 3 spd on Savage 25 LE

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 PM
MrGoodwrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Shift 3 spd on Savage 25 LE

Just got back into RC cars/trucks after several years absence. Purchased OFNA Violator for my middle son and a T-Maxx for my youngest and a Savage 25 LE with 3 speed tranny for myself for Xmas. Santa lost his mind this year " ) Anywho, the other 2 cars/trucks run GREAT! Kudos to the quality and technology of today's RC toys. My Savage broke in just fine. It has a hole shot that will put itinto a straight up back flip from a standing stop! It's fast and I love it's low end performance. It doesn't get out of 1st gear though. I've only had a chance to run it one day since I got it. The weather has gone to crap here in St Louis. I have gone into the gear box from the external port and given the set screw a 180 degree turn out to catch sooner on the RPM shift. I've looked at some of the other threads and this seems to be a somewhat common problem.
I love the way the truck looks, sounds and handles so far. I can't wait to see what it does all out. Is there anything else that might be amiss with my newest best buddy?
Thanks in advance from someone who builds the real thing for GM in real life, but can't fix the fun size version.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:51 AM
dst747

Default RE: No Shift 3 spd on Savage 25 LE

u fully tuned it? mine didnt catch second or third until it had been tuned, the base saettings are way too rich!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:52 AM
MrGoodwrench

Default RE: No Shift 3 spd on Savage 25 LE

ORIGINAL: dst747

u fully tuned it? mine didnt catch second or third until it had been tuned, the base saettings are way too rich!
Agreed, they are way too rich. I've only run three tanks so far. The weather has been crap here in the mid west. Raining and wet again today and probably snow later on. I'm sure that the atmospheric conditions are the number one reason. Guess I'll just have to look for things to add-on to my new ride while I wait for a warmer day to fine tune things. I hope that you're right. I'd hate to get one of the few that was destined for disappointment and a lemon in the tranny area. Until then, I'll sit back and look and listen and see what everyone else has to say about their experiences.
Thanks dst747!