Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

which MT new in box is faster???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:23 AM
skyline1301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which MT new in box is faster???

i wanna ask u guyz which monster truck new in box is the faster???please tell me...i'm wanna buy 1...btw,how fast is HPI SAVAGE 25 RTR???
Old 12-30-2005, 04:40 AM
thunderw0lf

Default RE: which MT new in box is faster???

The Savage SS kit is gonna be faster that the RTR, and you can also add the 3 speed transmision to either Savage for more speed.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 AM
dst747

the Savage LE is around 44mph out of the box when tuned, beats SS and 25. Out of the box, it is probably beaten by an LST2 but correct me if im wrong as i have nevera ctually seen a Losi run!!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:30 AM
skyline1301

some people said that LST2 is the best since the LST won the best truck of the year...and they said that it cat beat savage...it is true???i don't know since i don't have any of them...
Old 12-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: skyline1301

i wanna ask u guyz which monster truck new in box is the faster???please tell me...i'm wanna buy 1...btw,how fast is HPI SAVAGE 25 RTR???
The stock Savage 25 RTR in perfect tune will pull about 33 mph. If all you are concerned with is top speeds ,buy something else like A Revo or a TMaxx. They are lighter, slightly faster, but not nearly as tough as a Savage. The Savage IS the best "backyard basher"
Old 12-30-2005, 09:54 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should really base your decision of what truck to buy on more than just top speed. Just because it is faster doesn't make it better. Consider such factors as durability, price, features, parts support etc.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
skyline1301

Just because it is faster doesn't make it better....really??i think u r right...i think i'll buy a savage 25 RTR for my self...the LST2 is too much expensive...i only wanna bash it...not put in a race or something like that...
Old 12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Tweedybird

Just keep in mind everything leads to something else in this hobby. If you purchase a RTR NS 25 It will eventually, that is if you stay in the hobby turn into a completely custom truck 3 to 400.00 bucks later

Like everyone said above, It all depends on what you plan to do with the truck, if your looking for speed and speed alone, no parts availability cept for online, I would go with a mammoth or mammoth 2, they are 55+ out of the box

If your looking for great speed and handling stock, I would go with an LST or LST2.

Durability, Savage without question.

Depends on what "you" want.

check out your LHS see what they carry, find out where they run their trucks and go to watch, sometimes shopping for a new truck can be an adventure in itself

I lucked out where I am, everyone I run with has a different truck, so the variety is nice. Revos, giga crushers, savages, lsts, maxxes of many sorts, mammoths, buggies, truggies. My personal savage racer I'm currently working on has been up against all of them over the past few years and has held her own with the best of them.

Good luck in your search and feel free to PM me with any questions you may run across.

cheers,

Tweedy Bird
Old 12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
skyline1301

thanx for the info...really appreciate it...do u own a savage???i think i'm gonna go with savage since it is my fisrt choice....
Old 12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Tweedybird

The savage was my first MT I ever owned, I now own 2. SS Kit Custom now, and the 4.6 kit still being customed

The first savage was a project for my son and I, that ended when I got to into running it, now both savages are mine. and my son now owns his own Jato.

Also there is an LST in the Garage, and I'm really thinking about a Hellfire.

Tweedy