Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

best big block

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:43 PM
the dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best big block

im looking to buy new motor for my 4.6. what is the best big block with the most hp and all that good stuff. price doesnt matter. i want something better than the .28 hpi stock motor.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
nightcrawler

Default RE: best big block

if price is no issue get a top.28 8port(novarossi)i run the 3port version and they are mental you can also get a modded version
Old 01-01-2006, 02:48 PM
the dog

i looked up that engine and i couldnt find one thats 8 port? the closest i found was a .28 with like a 3 port. and it only had like 2.5 hp. does that sound right?
anyway that doesnt seem better than the hpi .28 unless im missing something.n do these blocks give a torque rating somewhere?
Old 01-01-2006, 03:39 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Novarossi .28 8 port.

http://www.novarossi.com/eng/motori/n528xrp.htm

THE most powerful engine on the market. (despite other manufacturers claiming more Hp out of their engines)
Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM
the dog

why is this better? easy to tune? do you run this snow?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
LaxerMan21
My Feedback: (1)

if you want the most powerful just get the CEN motor that comes with the nemisis and genesis
Old 01-01-2006, 05:32 PM
snowbl!nd

ORIGINAL: the dog

why is this better? easy to tune? do you run this snow?
Do i run this engine? No, but if i could afford it i would.

Novarossi engines use the finest quality materials and machining tools in the industry and produce some of, if not THE best nitro engines in the world. Their engines have been used to win numerous international RC events.

Engines such as the CEN .46 and OS .30 use their larger displacement as their main selling factor. Many people want the biggest engine as they will believe it will be the best. Not true. The increased displacement MAY increase torque, but the increased rotating mass hinders maxium revs.

The Novarossi .28 is, in many peoples opinions the perfect balance of torque and maximum revs. It has been independentely dynod as the most powerful engine (there was a recent thread with the results) on the market. If you want an insanely powerful, reliable and easy to tune engine get it. It costs a bomb, but you get what you pay for.

I have NEVER heard of anyone being dissapointed with this engine.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Chronic

The owner of the LHS runs that engine in his LST2. It IS quite powerful. Too much dough for me though.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:54 AM
the dog

i did more checking and ive decided that thats my next motor.ive got almost 4 gallons through my hpi 4.6 so i figure 5 more gallons? im not sure what the life expectancy of these motors are. mine runs like new but it wont last forever.