Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Engines....yet again

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Chronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines....yet again

Okay, okay, I know.....not THIS topic again. I just can't make up my mind and the online reviews that I've found just don't help clarify things for me. I just want more power than the 2.5 puts out. I had some tuning issues yesterday and had a little buggy AND a Revo walk me in drag races bad. I expected the buggy to walk away from me....but the Revo?! I've got the LE with a three speed and I want to make it fast. As in, fast enough to pick on LST2 owners with ease. I like the Racers Edge .32 from what I've read, but I'm a newb to nitro and don't really have any experience for comparison. HELP. What are some suggestions?

I'm not looking to replace a worn out 2.5, I'm looking for a serious upgrade to the 2.5. I'd also like to stay somewhat within reason as far as price goes.

I belong to a couple of other forums that aren't RC related and I understand the frustration with having to answer the same old questions again and again, so feel free to flame away But could someone at least point me to a REAL comparison of different BB nitro engines?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Polar_Bus

Default RE: Engines....yet again

I'll do the searching for you:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_36...tm.htm#3718117
Old 01-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Chronic

I've already done the searching and I've seen that post. It seems to be the only useful info on this site about the topic though, and I was just wanting some more opinions. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
tmodlin

The engines listed in the above post are the most common choices that people seem to use on this forum. I have heard a lot of good about the Racers Edge but have no personal experience. I purchased a Sportwerks 26 about a month ago but have been waiting for the time and warmer weather to heat cycly it. Polar_Bus has had personal experience on every engine in his post and even though it is his opinion I still think it should be valued. There arent many people on here that can say they have used 10 different engines and give you honest opinions on them. The STS, SH, Collari, XTM, Wasp, Picco are all commonly talked about engines on this board but carry completely different opinions because most people hav only tried one or the other; not all of them.

To help with you further searching try typing in the names of the engines rather than phrases like "which engine to buy". You will get hundreds of results but there will be more info. If you want more info on the Racers Edge I would look on the LST section of this forum, or maybe Savage-central. I have not heard too much talk about it here.

Good luck on the decision, I know I debated for a couple of weeks before I decided. My three choices before I picked the Sportwerks were: XTM 24.7 Pro, SH28, Savage 4.6. I happened to get the Sportwerks because the LHS owner gave me a good deal.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 AM
bmauney

I'm trying to decide which one below should be my purchase also

Sure Fire .32
3.6hp @ 38,000rpm
for $200

or the

Novarossi Rex .28
2.85hp @ 33,500
for $350