Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

which engine is better !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Ironlegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which engine is better !!!

ok i am going to buy a New engine for my " new savage25 i just got". Question Someguy from the LST team emailed me and said the """picco.26""" vs the Stock """star 25""" is better, but i cant seem to find any specs or price list
on-line for the picco.26 engine, Also Can it be placed in a savage is it worth it and what else needs to be chaged to handle the engine ,

can someone help me out on specs and price and comparison!! please!

just looking for a better engine " resonable Price and a deffint upgrade.. any sugjestions???

ironlegend
jayson
cali, orange county , huntington beach[8D]
Old 01-02-2006, 03:16 AM
bmauney

Default RE: which engine is better !!!

I'm trying to decide which one below should be my purchase

Sure Fire .32
3.6hp @ 38,000rpm
for $200

or the

Novarossi Rex .28
2.85hp @ 33,500
for $350
Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I had the HPI K 4.6 in my old savy and it was serious.

3 hp for $150 maybe a little more. And I know that will drop right in using all your stock stuff. The only thing you would have to buy is the roto start backplate is different and thats like $20. It was waaaayyyy better than the s-25.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Ironlegend

so your saying i can buy the 4.6 w/3hp engine for about 150$ " thats it ? and it will work way better then stock ?

ironlegend
Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: Ironlegend

ok i am going to buy a New engine for my " new savage25 i just got". Question Someguy from the LST team emailed me and said the """picco.26""" vs the Stock """star 25""" is better, but i cant seem to find any specs or price list
on-line for the picco.26 engine, Also Can it be placed in a savage is it worth it and what else needs to be chaged to handle the engine ,

can someone help me out on specs and price and comparison!! please!

just looking for a better engine " resonable Price and a deffint upgrade.. any sugjestions???

ironlegend
jayson
cali, orange county , huntington beach[8D]
One tip, buy an engine based upon positive feedback, do NOT purchase an engine soley based on magazine ads for hp. . They are seriously "fluffed" Spend some time reading and searching this forum, there is a TON of posts on "which engine". I have a post comparing 10 popular MT engines side by side that will help.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:31 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

He is seriously right about the HP being fluffed by manufacturers. And he also knows is stuff obviously. Yes you should be able to score a hpi k4.6 for abound $150 -175. I personally had the savage LE which comes with the S-25, I immediately upgraded to the 4.6, I'm not saying its the absolute fastest, becasue of course there are faster engines, and usually the faster they are the more $$$ you spend on them but for the dollar I say you cant beat the k 4.6. I ran about 3 gallons threw mine and it still had awesome compression, (I sold her after that) and from the beginning it was one of the easiest engines to tune I have had. Granted I havent had as many as polar bus, but I'm not a moron either. But definitely check out what he is saying, and on top of what he said; check out some other forums. Figure out what you want to spend MAX, and then go shopping around on the web. In my experience, dont go to the local hobby shop unless you are ready to tell them exactly what YOU want to order. Alot of places will sell you what they have in stock or are trying to get rid of, or just plain push their favorite on you. Myself, I just ordered the trinity .30 monster draked edition for my LST2. For a base line of prices heres the link for towers .16+ engine list. This is just a good place to see what things go for, and towers price on most stuff is in the middle of the line, not high but definitely not cheap. So good luck

http://towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-cat-g.html
Old 01-02-2006, 01:10 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

price and specs of the 26 picco is all over the web. have you done any searcing at all? 2.7 hk 37000 rpm. around 160 bucks. its old news now, picco have gone on to make the picco 27 and I hear rumors that there is a 28 coming soon
Old 01-02-2006, 01:22 PM
asmund

by the way the picco 26 is a strong fast engine, I have had one. It`s been dynoed to about 2.7 hk so the picco guys don`t brag to much. That can not be said of some other companies. Don`t believe all the specs you read. here in norway a company called duckson claims that the LRP 28 has 4.45 hk !!!!! that would be the baddest engine ever if it was true. I mailed them asking how that could be possible......? they didn`t answer my mail
Old 01-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Ironlegend

thanks guys your posts helped i belive i will be picking up the 4.6 engine soon , and yes i did some reseach so i aprecaited i;

ironlegend
jayson

cali,orange county, huntington beach
Old 01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
asmund

I havent tried the 4,6, but I`ve read alot about it on the web, and maybe that will be my next engine for my pirate mt sport.sounds like a very good engine.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Mech747

i had the picco.26 before and it is pretty good and it has tons of low end but the tuning can be better also the picco motors will last and last i just got bored so if you like the italian motors go get a picco .27 i heard that it makes the .26 look slow and it does not have the tunning and powerband issues[X(]