Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
trayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one?

hey hey imma newbie to the rc thing i have a nitro rustler but i want bigger better and 4wd .... which one should i go with traxxas t-maxx or savage?? they both seem very simaliar to me.. maybe someone can tell me something i dont know!!

TRAYMAN
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: which one?

With out a doubt SAVAGE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50232.gif
Views:	8
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	380109  
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 AM
trayman

guess i shoulda told ya which one imma rookie so im thinking the savage .25 rtr .... i dont really want to spend the money nor the time to put the ss together and buy another radio blah blah blah if i dont like it ... ps if u cant tell im impaitent and just wanna drive
Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 AM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

keep it in your budget......... They are the same for the most part. Same mods and hop ups are available for them

But I must say...... the 4.6 ss is sweet
Old 01-03-2006, 07:23 AM
boydie1

The 25rtr is a great truck. They are very durable...I know I've given mine heaps. As mentioned you can always upgrade parts later as your budget dictates.
Having said that this is still the HPI forum so I'm a little biased and you'll probably be told otherwise on the Traxxas forum.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Chronic

I like the Tmaxx, and I'll probably pick up a used one this year sometime, but I don't recommend it for a starter truck. You're dealing with some good speed when your driving one of these things and the Tmaxx is just too flimsy in stock form for someone who is just starting out. I can go hang out at the LHS/track for a half day and the stream of broken Tmaxxs that come through the door is quite amazing. I JUST got into nitro RCs myself, and almost bought a Tmaxx but I knew from watching friends that I also needed to buy several upgrades to keep it going for any amount of time. By then, I figured I might as well go ahead and get the Savage or the Revo. The Revo is pretty cool, but I ended up with a Savage 25 LE for 40 more dollars. My Traxxas friends are amazed at what my truck has survived so far.