Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Shock oil question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock oil question...

Hey guys,
I need to fill a total of 24 savage shocks and 8 of them have the piggyback reserve.Im looking at a 2 oz. bottle of silicone 25wt shock oil on ebay for 2.69 each.How many of these will need fill all my shocks?Is this a good type of oil?Do you know of a better deal somewhere else?

Thanx...
Old 01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Shock oil question...

I'm not sure about how many bottles you need, but I use 25w in the front and 30w in the rear. I found that the 5w difference seems to level the truck off and improve the way it handles.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
nick88
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I just got finished building my savage 4.6 ss, and the shocks. I bought two 2oz. bottles of team associated shock oil (20 wt. for the front, and 25 wt. for the rear. I have about half or a little ore than half left in each bottle. So one two ounce bottle will do about eight savage size shocks. I would get four bottles to be safe, three would cut it extremely close. I could get you some team associated shock oil for $2.45 per bottle plus shipping. I own a few Hobbytown Usa's in the Ohio and Kentucky area, so I can get some items discounted, and pass the savings onto you. Just let me know!!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:13 PM
-SomeGuy-

thanx for the info guys.I bought 4 bottles of team associated 25wt silicone oil and some MIP CVDs from same guy (to save on shipping)...