Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Savage Vs Revo 3.3 - NO HOLDS BARRED ---- (NOW ALSO IN THE TRAXXAS SECTION)-----

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Vs Revo 3.3 - NO HOLDS BARRED ---- (NOW ALSO IN THE TRAXXAS SECTION)-----

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage Vs Revo 3.3 - NO HOLDS BARRED

ORIGINAL: 46u

MiamizFinest there are some running the TM but everyone here on this thread is saying the stock 3.3 out runs the Savage.
I know my SH 28P3 powered Savage is quicker than FCPREMIX's 18TM Revo, and that's at 3/4 throttle with a very bad rich bog during breakin
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly i had no idea what the hell cutting up ment............ive never heard that so im still scratching my head..............i was goin to get into raceing but i cant stand the smell of the city dump next door............and there is no other track for MILES!!!........so screw that ima slap some street tires on my trucks and drag race them
Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Uglysteve

Default RE: Savage Vs Revo 3.3 - NO HOLDS BARRED ---- (NOW ALSO IN THE TRAXXAS SECTION)-----

I only own a Revo and I race at the local track (well, not terribly locak. I drive 50 miles to get to a GOOD indoor track). Believe it or not, i've never been up against a savage. Only Truggies and Buggies and the occasional T-Maxx. Last Friday, I was keeping up with a hopped up Mugen MBX5T Prospec all night long. All i know is i don't build my revo to beat Savages or T-Maxxes, but to beat other Revo's and Truggies. I will let you know how i fare when up against a Savage if i get the chance this weekend. I don't believe that at a good track with good racers you can be competitive with anything stock, even a stock revo 3.3. Almost nothing on my Revo is stock (3.3 chassis, RPM Arms all around, Axial .28 BB, Tuned Pipe (soon to be JP-3), MotorSaver, Intejunk Shocks, Faster/Stronger servos, TeknoRc Wing Mount, Pro-line wing, HPI Rims/Tires, FOC, Alum Push rods, P2 Rockers and Sensor radio.

Steven
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

honestly i had no idea what the hell cutting up ment............ive never heard that so im still scratching my head..............i was goin to get into raceing but i cant stand the smell of the city dump next door............and there is no other track for MILES!!!........so screw that ima slap some street tires on my trucks and drag race them
OK let me explain for the younger generation cutting up means, joking around, cutting the fool, Joking, funning, kidding around and so on do you understand or should I try to explain more? Boy you make me feel really old which I am. I am sorry if I upset you as I was just cutting up! Take a chill pill and all is well! This to shell pass.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
46u

Default RE: Savage Vs Revo 3.3 - NO HOLDS BARRED ---- (NOW ALSO IN THE TRAXXAS SECTION)-----

ORIGINAL: broncbuster

I only own a Revo and I race at the local track (well, not terribly locak. I drive 50 miles to get to a GOOD indoor track). Believe it or not, i've never been up against a savage. Only Truggies and Buggies and the occasional T-Maxx. Last Friday, I was keeping up with a hopped up Mugen MBX5T Prospec all night long. All i know is i don't build my revo to beat Savages or T-Maxxes, but to beat other Revo's and Truggies. I will let you know how i fare when up against a Savage if i get the chance this weekend. I don't believe that at a good track with good racers you can be competitive with anything stock, even a stock revo 3.3. Almost nothing on my Revo is stock (3.3 chassis, RPM Arms all around, Axial .28 BB, Tuned Pipe (soon to be JP-3), MotorSaver, Intejunk Shocks, Faster/Stronger servos, TeknoRc Wing Mount, Pro-line wing, HPI Rims/Tires, FOC, Alum Push rods, P2 Rockers and Sensor radio.

Steven

Good luck in out running truggies and buggies! I have out run Revo's with my Savage so I do not need to prove anything to my self and that is all that matters. Like I said the are all good.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: broncbuster

I don't believe that at a good track with good racers you can be competitive with anything stock
Can't say it any better than that.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I disagree. Every night my Duratrax Nitro Quake is dominating everything* with its massive Torq 21!!!!

*everything=box stock Tamiya cars with the MSC and silver can
Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: 46u

OK let me explain for the younger generation cutting up means, joking around, cutting the fool, Joking, funning, kidding around and so on do you understand or should I try to explain more? Boy you make me feel really old which I am. I am sorry if I upset you as I was just cutting up! Take a chill pill and all is well! This to shell pass.

chill pill taken..............i didnt know..........u gotta bear with me here i turn 21 this month!!!!!!!! 46u so every revo on ur track is running small blocks?????? has no one see the light of a BIG ENGINE??? lol shoot i know someone with this in his revo.......

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=2367

how do u think that will hold up at the track????????????LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
46u

MiamizFinest sorry for the confusion and please take it easy on this OLD man for some of his OLD sayings. No harm done and all is well.

That should be a very good engine. Being the Savage is SO much heaver then the Revo and I am running a stock engine I think that I am comparable to it and equally marched with a Revo with a stock 3.3. Now if we where to add a big block to the Revo yes I would have a harder time with my stock engine do to we would be comparing oranges with apples. Matter of fact I will be slowing down on my Savage racing as I am going to start racing my buggy soon and do not have the time to do both.

We are all RCers and they all are good.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Chronic

A Novarossi 528 in a Revo?.... for racing? Maybe showing off in a parking lot or jumping ramps, but not racing. Go to the Traxxas forum and ask how many of them who have that engine race their trucks... successfully. One out of ten at best. I know people that have removed that engine from bigger heavier LSTs because it made the truck too hard to handle on the track, you would have to either be highly skilled at driving and setup or have it running pig rich and the radio set on 75% to race that thing in a Revo.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Chronic

A Novarossi 528 in a Revo?.... for racing? Maybe showing off in a parking lot or jumping ramps, but not racing. Go to the Traxxas forum and ask how many of them who have that engine race their trucks... successfully. One out of ten at best. I know people that have removed that engine from bigger heavier LSTs because it made the truck too hard to handle on the track, you would have to either be highly skilled at driving and setup or have it running pig rich and the radio set on 75% to race that thing in a Revo.

i had no idea it was not a good track engine.........and no he will never in his life take it on a track he is just drag raceing it with the 40 series foam tires...........here is a link to his truck he is a menber of RCU

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...tm.htm#4803982
Old 10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

wow...it's certainly...

white...
Old 10-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Chronic

i had no idea it was not a good track engine.........and no he will never in his life take it on a track he is just drag raceing it with the 40 series foam tires...........here is a link to his truck he is a menber of RCU

Oh it's an awesome engine for the track, if you run it in a vehicle that can handle it. It's just too much power in a MT for most people.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
MiamizFinest

OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

YEA TBJ ITS REALLY REALLY WHITE LOL
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
46u

I just wish I could afford to put that much money in to and engine!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
nitroexpress

I am in the process of building a Savage XSS and in time I will take it to the track. From what I've seen of the Revo's, most run the center diff option and it's a killer setup. I've never seen anything in their class that can keep up with them. I'll be running a SH .28 prospec in my Savage, so straight line speed shouldn't be a problem. But I know that I'll be killed in the cornering department. Hasn't anyone managed to put a center diff in the Savage? Any tips for setting up a racing Savage would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
nitroexpress

I am in the process of building a Savage XSS and in time I will take it to the track. From what I've seen of the Revo's, most run the center diff option and it's a killer setup. I've never seen anything in their class that can keep up with them. I'll be running a SH .28 prospec in my Savage, so straight line speed shouldn't be a problem. But I know that I'll be killed in the cornering department. Hasn't anyone managed to put a center diff in the Savage? Any tips for setting up a racing Savage would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
MiamizFinest

Wow this thread was brought back from the dead
Old 02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, I'm supriese this thread was even found since few actually use the search function at all.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
CWC

Well 46u you must not be that old because I still use the term cutting up and that was pretty funny so you better stop cutting up or I'll bust a gut and that is a sweet revo just very very white.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
black mamba

I have THE answer to this Savage vs Revo argument. Get a truggy and be done with it! LOL
Old 03-02-2007, 12:42 AM
SAVAGEJIM

This is what I say (since this thread seems to live on no matter how many times we stick our steely knives into it!):

For we basher fans, lets make a crash derby RC pit and put in the following trucks and see which one survives the crashing bashing mayhem as each attempts to destroy the others' trucks by ramming them with their own: Savage X SS, Warhead Evo, CEN (whatever their monster truck is called, I cant remember), LST2, T-Maxx 3.3, and finally, Revo 3.3. Heck, we should even buy a Tower Terror and throw that into the mix! Then, only the surviving truck is the bashing winner and the argument between Savage and Revo and ALL other trucks will finally be setlled.