Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 5.9 or GST 7.7?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Savage 5.9 or GST 7.7?

Yeah, GST is no slow truck. Andy Smolnik from Cen races and does very well with such a huge truck (he uses the Nemesis almost the same thing tho), the Savage is neck to neck in speed, but getting Cen parts is horrible for most people.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe CEN offers a parts guarantee. http://www.cenracing.com/cenpartsguarantee.html It's not like what we are used to with our Savage parts, but I guess it is something for those that like CEN stuff.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:22 PM
phenix_racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the savage five nine its amazing the gst is a nice truck for a while but the reverse is not that well designed the pin inside that activates it is not that strong. a buddy of mine was using it and was just rolling and engaged the reverse and it locked up. he took it apart and the pin was finished. but if you arent moving and engage the reverse its fine. but the savage is just like the 4.6 but better so it will be a all around great truck for you