Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

THE Official HPI Savage Flux-HP Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official HPI Savage Flux-HP Thread

So far the RPM's are holding well on the bash sessions. They are a bit tight on the binding so hopefully that will go away after more use.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:13 AM
ronman
My Feedback: (6)

my differentiel rear dogbone keeps on falling out of the car part #hpi 86056 
it seems to have moore slack then the front one when i put it back.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
nkj2

Hi,
Does any one has experience with MGM-COMPRO TMM 16025 esc. Has decided to slap one inside my savage flux. Iam hoping that the higher current rating 160A versus mamba monster 120A, will enable me to gear higher without any concern of esc melting.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nkj2

Hi,
Does any one has experience with MGM-COMPRO TMM 16025 esc. Has decided to slap one inside my savage flux. Iam hoping that the higher current rating 160A versus mamba monster 120A, will enable me to gear higher without any concern of esc melting.
Why do you want to gear it higher?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
nkj2

Hi,
There is a lot of report on Savage flux esc melting on 25t pinion gear with 6S. Was hoping I could reduce the chance of esc melting by using a higher rating esc.
May be i could also hit the 100km/hour as advertised by HPI
Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
yamasledhead

flux is very fun, be aware when 3 cell lipo's are used I have stripped several pinion gears out. Not slamming the truck, just may need to look for reinforcements to have all day fun.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

I just wanted to comment on how happy I was with the Savage Flux I just got here. I purchased the Flux, a Hyperion DUO3 charger, Four 2s1p 30C 5000Mah Zippy Lipos, and a Airtronics MX-Sport 2.4ghz Radio setup. Everything works good, but the Flux...OMG. The standing back flips you see in the video? No problem on 4s. None at all. Doing 20MPH it pulls the front wheels off the ground without going WOT. Infact, it's so fast on 4s I don't think it would be controllable on 6s. Glad I did'nt buy those packs and waste my money. Plus with all the parts people are breaking what would be the point. it was 75 degrees out when I was running and the ESC/Motor barely even got warm. Nice stuff....

The Hyperion DUO 3 Charger is the best I have ever used. I love all the features.....Just a solid charger for 300 bucks.

The Airtronics 2.4Ghz radio I think is the best deal of all. For 99 bucks, it has a LCD display and all the trims you would need for bashing, or entry level budget racing.

The Zippy 30C Packs worked equally as well... They did not even break a sweat... I set my cut-off to 3.3v per cell and the packs where not even warm.

So if you want a flux. BUY ONE!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:44 PM
bigwobbely

does any one know if hpi is gonna make the flux bigger? like the 5.9 savage? if so when? thanks...
Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: yamasledhead

flux is very fun, be aware when 3 cell lipo's are used I have stripped several pinion gears out. Not slamming the truck, just may need to look for reinforcements to have all day fun.
The pinion is kinda soft compared to the spur gear. My original is not stripped yet, but the teeth are getting thin. Time to hit ebay up for a replacement.

edit- just realized this thread is about the differential pinion gear....not the motor pinion gear. oops. lol
Old 09-26-2009, 11:23 PM
t9dragon

Hey Black Mamba,

What weight of diff fluid are you using in the diffs?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey Black Mamba,

I'm running 100k in both of mine
Old 09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
t9dragon

Hey IceWindius or Black Mamba,

Can I use the Traxxas White Lithium grease or should I use the HPI Heavyweight Grease on the bevel and pinion gears?

Traxxas Lithium
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDDW2&P=ML

HPI Heavyweight Grease
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXJ61&P=7
Old 09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Freezetron

Either or would work, I just stick with HPI stuff, thicker the better for the diffs.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
FE_Chris

Stripped a front diff pinion gear on my Flux last night. The ring is fine, the pinion is missing 1/2 the teeth. 2nd run......

I'm calling HPI tomorrow to see if they will send me a new one. Thats BS this thing is brand new....

But I still love it!

Great, I now see on their website that the new "Bullitt Proof" diff set is a standard part on the Savage Flux and XL......That pisses me off..............
Old 09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
black mamba

Hey Black Mamba,

Nothing at all...stock HPI grease.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: FE_Chris

Stripped a front diff pinion gear on my Flux last night. The ring is fine, the pinion is missing 1/2 the teeth. 2nd run......

I'm calling HPI tomorrow to see if they will send me a new one. Thats BS this thing is brand new....

But I still love it!

Great, I now see on their website that the new ''Bullitt Proof'' diff set is a standard part on the Savage Flux and XL......That pisses me off..............
Just a downside of being the owner of a the "latest" and greatest" Sometimes stuff has issues that isn't fixed until after its released
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
black mamba

I'm still surprised that HPI hasn't released those improved diffs yet.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: black mamba

I'm still surprised that HPI hasn't released those improved diffs yet.
Uhhh, yes they have

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102692/
Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
t9dragon

But I still love it!

Great, I now see on their website that the new ''Bullitt Proof'' diff set is a standard part on the Savage Flux and XL......That pisses me off..............
One thing to remember is to get off the throttle when you are landing a jump or flipping end over end. If you stay on the throttle there will be to much torque on the tires when they make contact with the ground.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
FE_Chris

Yeah I here ya. I try to get off the throttle, but you know that goes when trying to correct a flayling truck in the air Thanks for the advice.

On a sweet side note, I just got off the phone with HPI and they are sending me 2 sets of the new Bullitt Proof diffs to outfit my truck with. She said they should ship tomorrow. Incase anyone was wondering, yes they are going to be a stock part in future Savage Flux's and XL's and NO they are not shipping them for retail sale right now. She said around the end of the year they will be for sale. But maybe if you just purchased a flux and give them a call ...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
FE_Chris

I would'nt really call this thing the latest and greatest anymore, it's been out for what a year now. Really, they should have fixed this issue with testing. I mean, if I blew a diff pinion on just a few packs on 4s, kinda makes me wonder how much they tested this thing. I am just glad HPI ia taking care of me on his and sending me new front and rear diff gears.

ORIGINAL: IceWindius

But I still love it!

Just a downside of being the owner of a the ''latest'' and greatest'' Sometimes stuff has issues that isn't fixed until after its released
Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
atmhobby

Hello Everyone,
I went through the same thing with my flux, HPI sent me a few packs of diff pinions and also told me to turn down my speed control, punch settings, and use 4s packs. I was disappointed that I could not get the truck to work like it was advertised, but since I made those changes, I have not any problems. Now I just have to find a way to use my two 3s packs. HPI has good service, but I think they dropped the ball on this one.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
t9dragon

I would'nt really call this thing the latest and greatest anymore, it's been out for what a year now. Really, they should have fixed this issue with testing. I mean, if I blew a diff pinion on just a few packs on 4s, kinda makes me wonder how much they tested this thing. I am just glad HPI ia taking care of me on his and sending me new front and rear diff gears.

The Savage Flux has only been out since April of this year.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Freezetron

The Savage Flux has only been out since April of this year.
Uh actually Dec/January
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
wipeout2097

Hi there guys,

I've just emptied my wallet by purchasing a flux, It's my second RC car and my first electric...
Haven't had time to run it, just tested it a bit to see how it reacts and I can't wait to run it properly. Even so the way this thing reacts to throttle input amazes me.
It has LRP 2S LiPo 5300mAh inside and I think they're a very good choice for a begginer.
Also, I have ordered the big bore aluminum shocks and 100k diff grease to round things up.
The only thin I don't like about the savage flux are the "chrome" wheel, black would have looked way better but this is just a question of  personal taste.

I'll see ya guys around

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.