Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Clutch bell bearings busted off

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bell bearings busted off

What could cause the cb to come loose and the bearings were blown. But the screw on the top is still there. Why did the bearings break
Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Clutch bell bearings busted off

Cheap bearings, used up, too much heat, too much RPM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
dakamat

On all my r/c, i only use Boca hybrid (ceramic ball/steel cage) on the clutchbell. Last a long time and it's only $5.00/each.
The stock clutchbell bearing who came stock with rtr or kit and the $0.99 bearing you can find on the net are cheap bearing.
I put this cheap bearing on wheel hub but on clutchbell, and in the diff (pinion and ring gear bearing) i only use ceramic/steel one
Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

"Only" $5?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Five freaking dollars for a bearing?

Noooooooooooooooooooooo thanks!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
dakamat

As you want guys, but for me, i prefered to spend $10.00 for two bearing on a clutchbell and having the peace of mind all summer long.

I think that $10.00 for two quality bearing is better spend that $100.00 for aluminium arm or shock tower

All guys spend his money llike he want, someone like to spend money on flashing aluminium parts, and others like to spend money on vital parts
Old 04-29-2009, 05:29 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

Judging by what you said, I could easily assume that you do not tear things down as regular maintenance which is what most of us do, so if we feel that a bearing is rough, we replace it.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
dakamat

Yes, i take care of all my truck, but the diffs, tranny and clutchbell is the 3 places where i don't want to open just for the fun to open it.
Why open a diff or a tranny when all feel smooth??? Why remove an engine just to see if the clutchbell bearing is OK??

Hey, i'am probably the guys here on this forum who put more time to build and maintain his truck, but i don't like to put poor quality bearing in my truck. I prefer pay a little more and don't have to open my diffs 3 times in my short, realy short r/c season.
Normally, my diff, tranny and bell bearing is changed at the end of the season, and normally, if i was like you said about me, i'll let the bearing in and don't change them because probablythey'll good for another season.
But i change all my bearing at the end of the summer.
The wheel bearing is regulary inspect and change if they feel grity.
And don't be affraid, my truck is probaly maintain wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than lots of guys here, maybe you included
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

I laugh

I usually take the engine, differentials, and transmission out every 10-15 tanks and inspect EVERYTHING, not just bearings. I debur the clutch shoes and clean out the clutchbell. I blow anything out of the transmission case and bulkheads, and I check that all bearings are smooth...doesn't mean that I have to take the differential apart to do this.

Anymore conclusions you would like to jump to?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 PM
dakamat

Do you have a wife, kids and all the life who go arroud this

I don't having time to do this on my truck as often as you, i've lots of others occupations , r/c is a hobby, my 3 kids and my wife is my life

Good night
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
bigwaltc

ORIGINAL: dakamat

Yes, i take care of all my truck, but the diffs, tranny and clutchbell is the 3 places where i don't want to open just for the fun to open it.
Why open a diff or a tranny when all feel smooth??? Why remove an engine just to see if the clutchbell bearing is OK??

Hey, i'am probably the guys here on this forum who put more time to build and maintain his truck, but i don't like to put poor quality bearing in my truck. I prefer pay a little more and don't have to open my diffs 3 times in my short, realy short r/c season.
Normally, my diff, tranny and bell bearing is changed at the end of the season, and normally, if i was like you said about me, i'll let the bearing in and don't change them because probablythey'll good for another season.
But i change all my bearing at the end of the summer.
The wheel bearing is regulary inspect and change if they feel grity.
And don't be affraid, my truck is probaly maintain wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than lots of guys here, maybe you included
Well your engine runs WOT at 30,000 + RPM so does your CB your spur and slipper and input shaft of the trans a little slower it is some thing that needs preventive maintenance [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
PrjctStrtFrce

ORIGINAL: dakamat

Do you have a wife, kids and all the life who go arroud this

I don't having time to do this on my truck as often as you, i've lots of others occupations , r/c is a hobby, my 3 kids and my wife is my life

Good night
Look at my sig

A hobby is something you put time into, not just "set it and forget it" type of thing, yes, some have more time, some have less time.