Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Battery question

Morning everyone,

I've been bothered by my 7.2V pack for a while now. I have an onyx240 charger, I assume it should be a pretty good charger. But I am finding that my batteries don't seem to charge to full capacity anymore. The batteries I have are only ebay knock off ones, so I understand if they go for a...... ...crap. But would it be possable that I charged them on a wrong voltage setting at one time and that's why they don't charge correctly? I mean sometimes the 4500 packs that I have only charge up to 2000 maybe on a good day 3400. I only use them for my roto start and ez start and my little 1/16 MT and have "enough" power with what the batteries are giving me.. But I wish they'd charge fully.

Secondly, if my old packs are going to go bad on me..... while I'm looking at a rock crawler for a winter project... I've been looking for some new batteries. Venom 3000mah and AE wolfpack 3600mah are my top choices so far at tower hobbies. I know there are cheeper ones out there for sure.. But I'm tired of cheap batteries. Any other suggestions or opinions??

KID EVIL!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery question

it sounds like your packs are just getting old and tired, if you want some really good packs for cheap, check out www.promatchracing.com, and www.cheapbatterypacks.com, <- get your packs upgraded, its worth the $6,

but out of the two you've listed i'd go for the AE's

if you want to try to bring your packs back to life, if you or a friend has a car/truck that can run them i'd plug um in, and wail on them, try to go WOT as much as possible, then charge um up at the rate you'd usally charge um, and after a few runs you should see the mha, go up, also after each run if the onyx can discharge them as fast as you can, if not just try to run the packs down low, then, this should breath some more life into your packs, or they could have a dead cell and just be going...

the lug
Old 10-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Freezetron

My friend run these on his Stampede. Trinity makes good stuff and they have good run times. I'd trust them ALOT more then Venom's crap

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=TRI20161

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=TRI20162
Old 10-25-2009, 03:12 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm the more I have been reading about Venom lately... makes me want to rethink that crawler then. I was looking at the venom creeper and axail scorpion. But could get the creeper a bit cheaper. Does Venom really have a bad name?

But I will try what you said rclugnut and see if there is any change. I usually drain them pretty low ( I think) Maybe I'll take my 1/16 MT outside to the street and kill the batteries right down.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
wolfie1

Roto start batteries always go like that cause they are never fully discharged when they are charged again i just buy cheap ones and replace then when they get like that