Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 PM
lamreht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Rajul,
Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the info you asked for:
I downloaded 4 models from http://arthur.heim.at

"which models did you download?"

AS_BLUESHARK_AFPD
AS_NURI-E_AFPD
AS_PIPERJ3_AFPD
AS_S-39_W_AFPD

"how did you install them?"
I downloaded them to C\username\documents\aircraft. Once I found them I then opened the files and followed the instuctions. They unzipped and went into the aircraft folder in AFPD.

"What is the exact problem you are facing?"

I renamed them and they show up in the folder, but when I start the program they don't come up. I did read something to the affect of changing the version # in the TMD file, but have not done that til I know that's what I should really do.

Thx
RK
Old 06-07-2008, 05:14 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi RK, I downloaded the PiperJ3 to my desktop. It is an executable file and everything installs automatically. Pls refer to post #8 in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5683522 There is no need to change any folder name.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52129.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	965464   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43532.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	965465  
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 AM
lamreht

Hi Rajul,
Thanks so much!!!!! All is working now. I deleted what I had done the other day and the downloaded what I wanted onto my desktop, oped the files and there they were. Guess I was trying to make it more complicated then it needed to be.
Thanks Again,
RK
Old 06-07-2008, 04:30 PM
lamreht

I have one more question in regard to downloaded scenery. I have 3 sceneries that I downloaded from http://www.ipacs-sim.com, which I can't get to load, the files were different . They are: Camponi2 slope scenery; Flugplatz MSV-Plankstadt.de, and, EUROMEETING Slope scenery - Val di Fassa - Italian Dolomiti.
I was able to download and install : Petit Menez-Hom and a couple others.
Thx again
RK
Old 06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
rajul

Hi RK, for sceneries, pls read and follow the instructions in this thread carefully http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5367502/tm.htm
Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
RCEFlyer

Hi,

i read your topic and still have a question, so i replied on this. Hope you will read it ...

I'm using AFPD for a while and i'm convenient with downloading and installing new planes. So far so good
Now my problem: when i install a model, every now and tehn (after installing) the preview don't show up [] If i check the folder of this model, the is preview file is present like normal.

What am i doing wrong ??? HELP

Thx !

Grtz,
Menno
Old 08-13-2008, 06:00 PM
rajul

Hi Menno, Can you provide me with a download link to one of such models? Although there is no preview, the model should work normally.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 AM
RCEFlyer

Hi Rajul,

thx for your quick reply [8D]

I downloaded the beaver (page 2, without floats) from rcsim.de. I think the link might not work, that's why i described the plane also. [link=http://www.rc-sim.de/index_en.htm]http://www.rc-sim.de/index_en.htm[/link]

Maybe there's something wrong with the file ?

Grtz,
Menno
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 AM
AS1947

Hi Menno,

what version of AFPD do you use?

The Beaver is created for the version 1.11.xx; if you have an older one, you should have a look to Post: #14 at this page:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5241496/tm.htm]Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads[/link]

Regards
Arthur

Old 08-14-2008, 06:10 AM
RCEFlyer

Hi Arthur & Rajul,

i'm sorry, i have read the topic, but is was too focussed on my problem.
You are right, i have to check it for sure, but i think it is version 1.8xxx so that's probably the solution.

This afternoon i'm gonna try, thanks for responding !
Happy flying from the Netherlands !

Grtz,
Menno
Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 AM
rajul

Pls keep us updated
Old 08-18-2008, 05:15 AM
RCEFlyer

HI,

ok, i was forgotten to change the version number in the tmd file, silly :mrgreen: .

However, the download is still not working, when i select the DH2 Beaver in the airplane menu, normally a black screen will apear for a short time and then the main menu appears again to start flying.
Well in my case the black screen appears, in the left upper corner you see the text which airplane is loading, but AFPD won;t return to the main screen. Windows (XP Media Center) comes up with an error with something lijke problem with main executable AFPD. Bull**** because it's working great with ervery other plane.

I think there something wrong with this DH2 Beaver file. I've tried downloading a new file, but the same problem again

Can somebody test this file ?

Grtz,
Menno
Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 AM
rajul

Hi Menno, I just remembered someone else asked the same question on the DH2 Beaver. You'll find the solution here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7696627
Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

I can't complete my AFPD installation because no hardware exists for the Open GL 2.0 driver on my laptop. I've been on the OPENGL ,NVIDIA, and ATI websites and can't find a download.

I have Windows XP with the Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. Don't know whether it is compatible with NVIDIA or ATI.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
RCEFlyer

Hi Rajul,

thx for your reply. I found this solution by myself too and guess what ? It worked out Thx anyway.

Grtz,
Menno
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
rajul

Hi Fimbriaco, your integrated graphics is not compatible with AFPD. You will need a OpenGL2.0-compatible 3D video card that is listed here http://www.aerofly.com/www/requirements.html
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
F.Imbriaco

Mike,
Thanks for your reply. So , do I understand you to mean that I cannot install the required Open GL 2.0 driver with the integrated graphics system I have on my laptop ?
Reason I ask twice- the AFPD dealer assured me it would run when I gave him the full specs of my laptop. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 PM
rajul

Hi F.imbriaco, OpenGL 2.0 is a graphics standard, not a driver.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:13 AM
F.Imbriaco

Ok, then from what you're saying, I can't use AFPD on my laptop because my Dell XPS M140 came wth an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 for Inspiron 630M rather than an OpenGL 2.0.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
simon 3d

Hi guys im having some trouble downloading some models....there is a sukhoi 140 on rc.sim that installs itself....i install it the wizzard tells me that the model has successfully installed the model..then i go into the aircraft menu and nothing?....need help!!

R's
Simon
Old 10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
rajul

Hi Simon, please do not use the "wizard". Pls use the instructions given in this thread.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Phantom 1

Hello Mike Marks,
Long time no talk. Glad to see your still online. I have a problem, now. I ordered the USA addon disc from the German website, so I could download it immediately. As it were, it took almost 8 hours for one, that failed and again 10 hours (I'm on High speed DSL0 too, and as soon as it reached the last MB (almost 1 gig file size), Firefox shuts down (it is a VISTA thing to shut off Firefox after any downloads).
It save it in my downloads as afpd-addon-5.exe.part
I renamed it and took off the word part and began the installation. It installed and everything looked good, and it said it installed. So now, I cant start it. It starts and stops at the loading page and then shuts down, saying it cant continue to load and do I want Windows to check for an online solution.
So, I did a system restore, and it still wont work. I'm not sure if I got the whole file or not. I tried to respond to Ikarus in Germany but I have no Idea if they got it because their website is all in German. Any Ideas what I can do now?
Thanks kindly.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent back to them for your reference. I promote Aerofly all the time, as you can see from my vids.
Please help.

Dear sirs,
Having looked in my downloaded files, I see I have what is called afpd-addon5.exe.part

I changed the extension to say .exe, and ran it.

It installed, so it said. But when I try to start Aerofly, it just says Windows Closed Aerofly and do I want to check for an online solution....which I did, to no avail.

As I stated below, I'm running Vista Home Premium on a 2.7 ghz Pentium.

PS, I have several videos on youtube about your product and recommend it all the time.

Please watch one and let me know what I need to do to get my simulator working again.

Here is a link to one of the Aerofly Videos, I made, called
" My Aerofly helicopter leans"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9j2bmGhNY

Thanks kindly,
Dave Herbert
http://www.youtube.com/nightflyyer
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
rajul

Hi Dave, I have not tried one of these downloads as I prefer to have a CD or DVD backup always. Do you have any reference number for your download or order? If you could email me your paticulars (the same one you submitted for the download) I could check and see if you could redownload again. Most likely your download is corrupted. Would you like the DVD instead? eight hours for the download is mighty long.........
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Phantom 1

HI again..

Here is a copy of the first letter I sent with my particulars. I would have much rather had the DVD, but because I had a demonstration to do, I opted for the download and that was the only place I could download it. If I had known it would have taken all that time, I also would not have done that.
I have the original Aerofly disc, and then i have the disk 18019 Beta. I tried to reinstall, by uninstalling, then reinstalling disk one, then the beta. Nothing works now, as I mentioned.

Here is the first letter I sent to Ikarus.

Hi,
I ordered the Addon-5 download yesterday but have bad luck after trying to download on 2 separate computers.

The first one stopped at 340 mb, and the second one went all the way, but after download stopped, it said it had a problem with saving at that location. It took all night to download it only for it to fail to save.

I have plenty of room on my hard drive, am using Mozilla Firefox and running vista.

How can I get a disk instead, or please tell me what to do. My order number is XX
Thanks for your help.\
Dave

Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
rajul

Hi Dave, what's the version number printed on your afpd disk? Is your main afpd disk a beta disk? Could you clarify what beta disk is this?

Also, could you tell me what video card you're using? Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.