Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

MAC / Vista / XP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:15 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC / Vista / XP

Hello,

I am planning on getting a Mac Book Pro, and I was wondering what configurations AFPD has been proven to run under.

I believe my options are to use Parallels (new version supports games right?) or Bootcamp, and with either of those I need either vista or XP.

Which combinations have been proven to work?

Thank you.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MAC / Vista / XP

AFPD should run in Windows/Vista in Intel Mac under BootCamp or Parallels, but you will need to choose a computer model that comes with one of the recommended 3D-graphics cards. It is mandatory that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. The Intel GMA graphics card that comes with lower end Mac models is not compatible. AFPD uses OpenGL, which Parallels 3.0 has better support for. The release notes for Parallels 3.0 list AFPD as one of the apps known to work. Using BootCamp requires you to log out of OSX and reboot into Windows whenever you want to use your sim, which is inconvenient. Using something like Parallels would allow you to run your sim without having to log out of OSX, provided you have sufficient RAM in your computer to run both OS's side by side. I would recommend having at least 1.5 GB in your computer for this to work well.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 PM
RobT

I am looking at the new Mac Book Pro with a 2.4 gig processor, 2 gigs of ram and a geforce 8600 with 256 mb of ram. I think this should be adequate, yes?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good to me
Old 06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
RobT

Thank you.