My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is IMAC?

http://www.mini-iac.com/
Old 08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
acropad

Default IMAC

yes thanks for the site but i still dont no how it works. eg....

1> how many events is it?
2> i live in england is it a differents IMAC for diffrent countrys?
3> Info?

thanks
Old 08-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Sprink

Default what is IMAC?

http://www.btinternet.com/~b.colclough/imacuk.htm for the UK site.

Not a huge amount of info, but enough to get you started, and email addresses for more details.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:38 PM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
I've started IMAC this year and am having a great time. To answer your questions.
1) IMAC this year is around 8 events spread all over the country.
2) IMAC is similar all over the world (as i understand) BUT we use the European rules which means the aircraft need to be within the 10% of the scale outline of the fullsize.

What we do is fly scale models of aerobatic aircraft past and present in a preset schedule. We are also given a schedule on the day to fly as well as, which adds to the fun!
The freestyle is run as a seperate competition over here, so its completly optional!

The best way to see what we do is get in touch with the IMAC secretary (Phill Goddard) and get to an event, you'll soon see its lots of fun, relaxed and that were a friendly & helpfull bunch of people.
Hope to see you at some events.
Rich
Old 08-05-2003, 08:01 PM
acropad

Default what is IMAC?

so how do i join IMAC and what routine can i practice for.

i seen IMAC comp at woodvale on the 2nd an 3rd of this months so is that just one of the events out of 8?

i still am confused as i really am interested init?

also how much does it cost etc?

thanks
Old 08-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default what is IMAC?

If you can find an IAC event (Aerobatics for full scale planes) visit it and you will see what we try to duplicate in IMAC.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 AM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
To join (or general enquiries of) IMAC ring up Phil Goddard, his contact details are on the IMAC UK website... http://www.btinternet.com/~b.colclough/imacuk.htm
There are entry forms on this site too, the entry fee to the club is 10 and each competition is 8 for a one day comp or 12 for a two day comp.
Woodvale was one of the events from the IMAC UK calender, there is another one this weekend too!!
Have a look on the website as it does give you a good idea of what we do.
The 'Known' schedules are also up on the website, get to know these since these are what you'll be flying at the comps. You'll also need to fly a 'unknown' schedule at the comp which is given on the day at pilots briefing.
Everyone starts in Sportsman class and then if they acheive scores above a certain level, consistently they are offered promotion to the next class. In the UK there are only 3 classes(same as Europe i think), Sportsman, National & International.

I think this covers some of your questions...if your still intrested, the best way to learn about IMAC is to get involved!...hope to see you at some comps!

Hope this helps,
Rich
Old 08-06-2003, 02:54 PM
acropad

Default what is IMAC?

hiya ye thanks alot that really helps.

one other thing thou,

i noticed at woodvale there was only approx 12 people actually flying IMAC? why is this?

and also as i am a beginner what class do i first enter?

an you say its 10pounds for the club membership for a year and every event is 8pounds, that sounds good to me.

i have a 1/4 cap 232 with a gasser on it, will this do?

PS: did you fly at woodvales IMAC the other day? If so what is your name an what were you flying?

thanks
Old 08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
Your cap would be ideal, you'll start in sportsman and then earn promotion by acheiving consistent good scores.
Woodvale there where only 12 or so people, unfortunatley there isn't the intrest in IMAC over here as there is in the states.
Yup I did fly at woodvale, my name is Richard Gale. I was flying a 30% glens cap...great fun!
hope this helps
Rich
Old 08-07-2003, 09:34 PM
acropad

Default what is IMAC?

oh rite i seen you then. ye flying your glens cap with a zenoagh 62 was it. i no there were to or 3 glens there.

do u no KEITH DAWSON?
hes my afvourite pilot lol. cuz hes fromm my club lol hes brill.

did u do any good at that comp do u think?
Old 08-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Default Neat!

Hi there! It's really neat to see that IMAC is loved as much across the pond as it is here. I thought I write a few things about what IMAC is, but it's probably gonna take on a different view than you thought.

IMAC is...
1. just plane cool!
2. a get together with a great bunch of guys that will have fun no matter what happens. This is probably by far the biggest reason I am in IMAC, and is THE reason it is very dear to me. The guys that I fly with here would do anything they could to assure that everyone has a good time.
3. a time to shine!
4. competitive form of flying that gives purpose, and precision to ones flying. I've never met a pilot yet, that didn't end up being a better one through flying competitive aerobatics.

These are just a few things that IMAC is, but not near anything like you will experience at a meet. It's about more than just the airplanes, or the flying...it's about having fun, and meeting some of the greatest people on this planet. If you are thinking about doing this, think no more! Do it! You'll have a ball. Go to meet and bring your plane...there you will get to see first hand what IMAC is, and you will get to see how things work, and if there are no meets around your area, maybe you could have one at your home field. We have what we call Contest Directors here in the States that run sanctioned events. i don't know how it works overseas, but I'm sure you will find that people are very willing to help.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:02 AM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
Aero330LX is spot on!
I have met Keith Dawson at a couple of events, looks like he's getting back into IMAC...wonder if he's flying at the nationals?
Yup mine was the glens cap, done in the normal scheme!...errr the only distinguishable features is that its in need of a recover!!!
At woodvale I did well on the Saturday but I think my mind wasnt fully on it sunday, I still managed good enough scores to earn myself 4th place overall, so i'm very happy. Most importantly a good time was had by all!
Hope to see you at some competitions soon
Rich
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Sprink

Default what is IMAC?

I'd like to give it a go but there are no meetings in the South East (they all seem to be Midlands or Cornwall) which means it is along way to go just to give it a try.

Couldn't arrange something at my club to get around this as we dont have the space and most of the bigger planes would probably fail our 80 Db limit.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
acropad

Default what is IMAC?

this sounds really good guys (IMAC) but i really dont no if im good enough. I dont wana turn up an be absoulely perfetic at it an made a show of.

any suggestions

thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Sprink

Default what is IMAC?

You are going to have to practice anyway, so print off the sportsman schedule and give it a go. If there isn't anything you can't do then practice that.

If you can fly the full schedule, then you can compete. Even if you can't there is no harm in going along, I'm sure the folks there will help you out with anything you are stuck on.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:53 PM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
The whole point of IMAC is to improve your flying and have a great time in doing it. Practise the schedules and get enroled to goto Ashbourne (the next IMAC comp after this weekend) and give it ago. I found everyone genuinley helpful.
I'm very new to IMAC myself as Woodvale was my 2nd competition, it would of been my second season this year but I kept putting it off as I thought I'd be hopeless. I now however wish i'd of started when I first wanted to get into it!!
If you tell the Contest director your new to competitions you'll usualy be one of the last to fly, enabling you to see how the schedules should look.
All in all, we are a friendly bunch which will welcome anyone who genuinly wants to try IMAC, you've got a few weeks before the next competition so I'd get practising and then give it ago!
Hope to see you there.
Rich

p.s. where in the UK are you based?
Old 08-08-2003, 06:01 PM
acropad

Default what is IMAC?

rite ok i think am gonna give it ago, but if i was to do it competatively wouldnt i need to start from the begining?

anyway ye asoon as theis 1/4 cap is put togeather ill have ago an i guess ill see you soon..

thanks
Old 08-10-2003, 04:09 PM
3D_CAP232

Default what is IMAC?

Hi,
Not 100% sure what you mean by starting from the beginning but if you mean in regards to the schedule, you'll be placed into sportsman to begin with. I wouldnt worry, my first comp was more for experience and find out what the judges are looking for and gave me a starting point to work on.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it, look forward to seeing you at a competition.
Regards
Rich
Old 09-28-2003, 03:23 PM
acropad

Default RE: what is IMAC?

hiya 3d_cap232 my cap is very nearly built. test flying it very soon. i think ill get a bit of practice in the field b4 entering IMAC. how are you doing in IMAC now?

are you in sportsman?

ok speak to ye soon..
paddy
Old 09-29-2003, 12:10 PM
3D_CAP232

Default RE: what is IMAC?

Hi Acropad,
The IMAC (UK) season has now finished and I must say its been soooo much fun!
Remember how much fun the early days of flying where when you learnt loads every time you went out....its like that all over again!
I got moved up to National from sportsman after the IMAC Nats this year.

For practise I would learn straight and level flight (harder than it sounds to do well) and then do the same with verticals and 45 degree lines (basicaly the essence of all manouvres). Concentrate on centering the manouvres well and make them smooth. Obviously in all this you will need to learn the schedule too!
Then you'll be ready to start IMAC early next year.

Hope to see you there
Richard