IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Engine side thrust

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 12:38 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine side thrust

Hi
Are people still mounting engines in IMAC models with right side thrust, or are you now setting engines at zero degrees right and using a throttle / rudder mix.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:22 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Side thrust on both IMAC and pattern airplanes. I have in the past as a quick fix for models that didn’t have enough right thrust to set up a mix but had limited success with it. I currently have a new Edge 540 awaiting test flights. I will not be painting the cowl until the right thrust is set correctly. Right now it is set to 2.5 degrees. Running a 3W 106 with full length pipes and a 26x12 tri blade prop I suspect I will need to add more.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:30 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

I always set few degree right site thrust in my giants, no matter if its scale or scratch built foamy. Currently fishing for a coaxial counter rotator to fit in my giant Bipe to see the effects.

110/8S versus 360/12S Eflite power both with R side th.

Giant 160/8S powered foamy designed by JF Jet Studio with R Th ready for coaxial to compare.