Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Advise on Pitts or Ultimate Pls

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on Pitts or Ultimate Pls

Can anyone help? I'm looking to buy a pitts or ultimate for my 2004 project. Can anyone recommend a good kit. By good I mean pleasant to build and fly. I would be looking to use a Zenoha 26cc or possibly an OS 91FX. I'm a reasonably experience flyer currently flying a Glen's CAP 232 with the Zenoha. I just fancy an aerobatic Bi plane for a change. Any advise would be welcomed.

Thanx

Shaun
Old 09-30-2003, 12:35 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Advise on Pitts or Ultimate Pls

Good luck finding a kit for either of these as few are currently available. Only two come to mind:
Carl Goldberg Ultimate which would be a decent match for the OD 91FX.

Lanier Ultimate Pitts requires at least a 1.20 2-stroke or 150 4-stroke.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the advise I'll follow this up. I'll have to be a good lad and santa may bring me a new engine. I can feel a spot of home decoration coming on for the missus to get this plane.

Cheers

Shaun
Old 09-30-2003, 03:43 PM
My Feedback: (18)

I have the Lanier Pitts built from the kit. It is a laser cut kit that builds quickly and easily. The main disadvantage is it comes with plastic cowl and wheel pants. Fiberglass are available though.
It is flying with a 2.4 and weighs around 12lbs so when the engine decides to run right it will be a good little bipe.
Also another bipe to consider is the super stinker that Midwest (I think) kits. You can still find those for sale. It is about the same size.
Good Luck
V-Snap
Old 09-30-2003, 11:13 PM
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is for the Goldgerg Ultimate as I am currently in teh process of completing one. This is a fantastic design which will fly wonderfully on a .91 as long as you keep it around 8.5 pounds. Very easy to do. The kit itself basically falls together and is expertly designed. I also have thhe Goldberg Sukhoi - yet another gem with a OS 1.08 up front. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the advise, I'll see what I can find

Regards

Shaun
Old 10-03-2003, 12:40 PM

I have been told by the wise at our local flying club that Goldberg Ultimates aren't made anymore?? If this is incorrect could you point me in the right direction where I could get one. In the UK we can only buy what the local shops sell. Which is usually rubbish. Although I'm no stranger to the internet I'm now finding it much easier to buy from the internet than the local shop.

Regards

Shaun
Old 10-04-2003, 12:48 AM
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been eyeballing the Lanier Ultimate Pitts for myself. I'm considering a 38cc conversion engine for it. I like the looks of the plane. If you can get all the incidences set right-- it should be a great performer.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:14 AM
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Shaun Senior

I have been told by the wise at our local flying club that Goldberg Ultimates aren't made anymore?? If this is incorrect could you point me in the right direction where I could get one. In the UK we can only buy what the local shops sell. Which is usually rubbish. Although I'm no stranger to the internet I'm now finding it much easier to buy from the internet than the local shop.
Regards
Shaun
This is incorrect. Goldberg was purchased by Bubba Spivey (he also owns Lanier RC). The Ultimate is being produced both in kit and ARF versions. Distributed by Great Planes (affiliate of Tower Hobbies). http://www.towerhobbies.com/ I searched the site and Goldberg is under the letter C (for Carl Goldberg).
link http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/

EXCAP232
Old 10-05-2003, 04:59 PM

Excap232,

The wise aren't so wise after all then, Thanks for the links and info it's looking like I'm going to have to good to the wife. Now I know I can move this project on.

Thanks again

Shaun
Old 10-05-2003, 07:41 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Glad to help. Now if I could just get a Capiche 50 here easily. Good luck with the Ultimate. It is really a nice plane.

EXCAP232