Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

IRC vulcan SE problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
dslrcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IRC vulcan SE problems

how come irc racing here in phoenix has no place to get parts or find help with cars ? is irc is afraid to stand behind something they sell?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 AM
nitrovulcnse

ill say it too. i love my vulcan. it is my first hobby grade rc, and im 14, and i have almot no patients. but, i still have had lots of fun with the vulk. i will say that ircs service is among the worst ever. mindcrime, are you listening.? lol.[:@]
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 AM
soneebee

I just finished engine breakin.. tuned the needles.. it seems to run nicely.. power of this tiny engine seems to be good for the buggy's size... ripping really fast on the road.. but kinda lacks the torque on the dirt... well for a small nitro car.. its fine with me

got some of the upgrades for it... 2 speed, tuned pipe, metal gears front and rear gearbox...
works great now.. only downside is the spur gear.. kinda stripped 3 sets aready... its due to the 2 speed tuning.
when I set the timing to be a little longer.. the spur strips.. if only IRC replace the gear with metal ones or even nylon spur gear.. it might last longer.. and can perfrom much much better..

here's my stock buggy..

Old 09-13-2008, 04:10 AM
soneebee

Got a chance and run the Vulcan this morning.. the 2 speed is really a bugger... its really hard to set up as you adjust the allen screw.. to get the right timing.. as you run the car.. it changes.. and shifts earlier..

the small spring inside the gear is not that accurate in maintaining its setting.. kinda good to hear the gear shift.. sad to say its better if they made it with the clutch design similar to the larger ones...

tested it this morning

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhc5pVBtII[/link]
Old 09-20-2008, 09:47 AM
soneebee

Changed the gear box with the metal one.. had to pack some good grease in it to make everything smooth.. It seems that the metal gearbox is a tad reliable. The only problem i had were the dogbone cups.. since its still plastic.. its the first part that got striped... hehehe.. I guess its no perfect buggy.. but its getting there...

got some new Tamiya tires for it.. the stock one does not hold that well..

took it for another run this morning.. still not getting its full power.. I guess the 0.05 toki engine needs to be replaced with a Picco - Zero

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbp7yIoIsA[/link]

Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

or you can replase it whit the sirio o9
Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
soneebee

The Sirio engine is quite good.. and stronger.. I dont think the vulcan structure can hold the engine well... specialy the gearing.. it can easily strip.. or worn out gears...

I got the engine replaced with a GO engine.. it gave it more power... better punches on turns.. only porblem is the metal gears.. did not last long got the gears worn out.. time to replace the whole gearbox again...

here is after breakin...

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4m9axSMac[/link]

another short vid...

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKdzXUzxoE[/link]

ORIGINAL: Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

or you can replase it whit the sirio o9