Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

engine

Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
nitrovulcnse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine

hey. is there like a cutaway drwing or something of the toki .05. i am having engine troubles and im stumped on wht is inside that little thing that may be broken. when i spin the starter shaft, i can stop the output shaft from turning and still spin the starter shaft. has anyone else had this issue? is there a cutaway drawing of the engine? thx
Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 AM
soneebee

Default RE: engine

it might be that your 1 way bearing is slipping... The manual contains a blowup view of the engine and parts.. you can try and look at it there...
Old 09-28-2008, 12:04 PM
nitrovulcnse

no. im spinning the shaft itself. not the one way bearing. cant be that
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
soneebee

the crankshaft is one piece... there is one part that is connected to the crankshaft that is directly connected to the oneway and pullstart.. its kinda strange if that part slips from your crank.. if that the case then the crankshaft needs replacement...

I can try to open up one of the toki engines and takes some pics of theparts.. i have opened it a couple of time already but have not taken any pics.... what part do you need to see?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
nitrovulcnse

no. its not the conector for the starter. it is somewhere between the piston and the flywheel. is it possible that the flywheel is slipping? how do you remove the clutch and flywheel? it would be very helpful if you took some pics. also, what kind of pipe is that on your vulk? and what are the other two engines outside?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 AM
soneebee

you can remove the flywheel easily.. just have to remove first the clutch bell... there is an e-clip that is holding the clutch bell.. once you remove the bell you will see the clutch shoe.. you can use a clutch remover.. or if you have some small screwdrivers precision.. you can pick the springs at the center.. so you can pull out the clutch shoe...

For the flywheel. its just simple pushed fit by the lock.. you can remove it easily...

it can be that the fly wheel is slipping.. it might be the brass insert that you need to replace...

for the engine.. the one with the grey head is the same as the stock engine.. its a toki 0.05.. the blue head one is the GO engine..
I have finished the breakin period for the GO engine.. wow. its power is far better than the Toki stock.. I have not finished the tuning of the HSN and LSN.. but wow. the power is there... the 0.98cc engine has good power.... far better than the toki one...

here is a short video after the breakin...

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4m9axSMac[/link]
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
new-guy

your flywheel is slipping... mine did the same thing.

The clutch nut had so much threadlock it was never able to be tightened down far enough...
remove the nut, flywheel and brass collet... clean the threads on the crank shaft and replace everything, using only a dab of threadlock.

That fixed my problem right away