Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Bee II ks questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:32 AM
thunderchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bee II ks questions

Eric,
I purchased a BeeII ks in January and finally got to run it today. All went well but I have two questions. The manual says to put the hangar 9 filter between the pump and the turbine; Should it go before the “T” fitting in order to filter fuel to the igniter and the main flow? Or just in the main flow line? Is there a trick to putting the large nipple filter in to a 4mm line? Last question….at switchover there seems to be a good amount of flame, Is there a setting that can help reduce the flaming? I am worried that inside a plane it could become barbeque time.
Thanks again, a great starting turbine.
Glenn
Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Bee II ks questions

Hello Glen:

Thanks for your question. As for the fuel filter, we suggest installing it in line with the 4mm tubing going from the Y or T fitting to the turbine. The trick for installation is a good pair of needle nose pliers. Push the 4mm line over the end of the pliers as far as possible then pull the handles apart, hold, then twist 90degrees, pull and hold again. Then quickly remove and push on the filter nipple. The tubing will return to its natural shape. NEVER use heat. . .heat will ruin the tubing

As for the flame at switchover, we need to adjust the fuel pump start point. Please give me a call with your serial number and as well, be at your jet. We can do this in about 5 minutes or less.

Best regards,
Eric
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 AM
thunderchief

Eric,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Your trick worked for getting the tube on the filter. I will call you in a few days so that you can guide me through the setting change. Thanks again
Glenn
PS do you have any tricks for picking lottery numbers!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:47 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have seen the question asked several times about the fuel filter and getting the 4 mm tubing over it.

Eric description is right on...

Here are some photos to go along with that, also don't forget to safety wire the lines onto the filter

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72595.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1649814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27437.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1649815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96305.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1649816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92855.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1649817  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Excellent Rich. . .now it will be archived for the future. Hmmmm, can you teach me how to research the archives ?

Cheers,
Eric