Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Help with Transmitter Setup - Futaba and new PowerPak SE ECU

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Help with Transmitter Setup - Futaba and new PowerPak SE ECU

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Help with Transmitter Setup - Futaba and new PowerPak SE ECU

I am trying to complete the “Transmitter Setup” on my two, new Bee80 SE turbines with the new PowerPak ECUs.

I have a Futaba 14MZ with the throttle direction set to “Reverse”. The ATV for the Throttle channel has the upper and lower Limit to 135% and Travel set to 100%.

I “taught” the PowerPak / ECU based on the new manual. Then I set the transmitter Failsafe (which is set to -135% - the lowest value possible).

On the GSU it shows 1103 microsecs at low throttle, high trim. On the GSU it shows 956 microsecs at low throttle, low trim and is in the “Green Idle range”. When I turn off the transmitter and put the Receiver in Failsafe, the GSU shows 956 microsecs is in the “Green Idle range”, not the Red Failsafe range.

These are my first JetCentral turbines and the ECU learning procedure is different than other turbines I have set up over the years.

Any help getting the GSU to show the Receiver in the Red Failsafe region would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Old 06-17-2016, 02:20 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Nick
You are doing everything correctly, it is not your fault, it is ours
With the early versions of SE software, we did not realise that some radios doesn't go beyond 950 and we had the threashold to 900
If you leave it that way, your Fail Safe will act a normal shootdown
To fix it correctly, PowerPack needs a software version update
Please contact Jose to coordinate the update
Regards