Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P120 up grade to P120se

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 AM
miniman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P120 up grade to P120se

We have a P120 with 25 hours on the clock and its about to go to jet cat for a full service. When its there we are thinking of having the motor upgraded to the SE spec.

Has any one had this upgrade done?

What did it cost?

Was it worth the expence?

What diference did you find?

Peter
Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: P120 up grade to P120se

First off, your P-120 has to be S/N 1996 or later. That's a USAserial number, don't know about Europe but probably right. Earlier ones might be convertible but very expensive.

Very old information from around 2009indicated the cost would be around US $300 at JetCat USA. Don't know current pricing or European prices. Since the engines have continued to be upgraded internally over time without designation changes, it may be that more parts need to changed and you'd have to check if they are even still doing it. As an aside, JetCat is now 3 generations down the road from non-SE engines: SE, SX, & RX.

My guess is that you'd be looking at a cost of anywhere from US $600 to $900 to get new bearings, maybe a little extra thrust and better throttle response. Maybe call or e-mail for info.

Up to you to decide. Personally, I wouldn't.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM
miniman

Thanks for the info.

Our engine is later than the Serial number you quoted so at least we know that is should be possible.

I have just given the motor a close inspection after removing it from the airframe and discovered a chipped blade on the impeller. So I will just send it back to Jet CAt via the agents here in the UK and get it serviced with the bits changed we know about replaced. It will be virtually a new motor by then

Peter
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
miniman

The motor came back from JetCAt today, after a service and compressor change, they also updated the ECU to version 6. I cant wait for the weekend to see how it performs in the new Ultra Flash

Must Thank Dave at Motors and Rotors for managing the return, and getting it done in five weeks including transport to Germany.

Peter
Old 04-15-2017, 02:01 AM
Gouenji

any one can tell me the dimensions of the compressor wheel used in jetcat engines?